Re: Williams to Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I have recently been chastised by our chairman in regards to my 'complaining' about letting our young players go!!
Why? It's not just young players.

Since 2010 the success we have had has often been tempered by no sooner than we win something one of our best players leaves!

When we won the CC and Joel scored that spectacular try at Wembley I was made up. One of my favourite players had just scored a Wembley classic and we have a trophy.

Next minute he is off to Union.

Then Sam T makes a big impact and looks the best back we have produced since Shaun Edwards, IL announces to the world he is on a long term deal with at least three seasons at Wigan, possibly five and he doesn't even make three being let go to the NRL.

Not to mention other losses such as Mossop and Budgie

It doesn't matter that they have come back. We lost them for the seasons they were not here regardless of form when they return so I always feel cheated when players you think are going to be the backbone of a new vintage era at Wigan leave.

So if after what has been said about Williams by IL, he caves in at the first sign of some cash you can go and give IL a big slap Josie!
This is spot on to the point that when I read the rumours I felt like what's the point if this comes off!
The GF win and the general feel good factor that seems to have reached casual fans and even non fans would be wiped out in one swoop.
I'm. Not sure I will reniew my season tickets until the squad is formalised.
Sam T, Joel, Moose, budgie even charnley and Sarge all leaves/left me with a feeling of not being second rate, if we lost a player of Williams calibre to Warrington!! .... well I don't want to think about it.
We have just won the GF and I find myself sat contemplating could he go? The past tells me yes it's possible and thats very sad feeling to have as a Wigan fan.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

adiddy wrote:IL is a business man and I appreciate that he is out not to lose money!!! But IL has always stated that he is a Wigan fan, so as a Wigan fan surely he wouldn't want to see most of the young Wigan supporters idol leave would he??

My great nephew at 5yrs old has started coming to watch Wigan and he loves George, wants Williams 6 on his shirt next season. Williams leaving would break his heart, and would I expect him to still want to come and watch Wigan when his idol has been sold.......NO!!

Stupid business if it goes ahead!!!!

Matt
That's a great point and why short term bucks is short term and in the long term is nonsense.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We have just beaten Wire in the GF.
They haven't won the League for 61 years.
It should us after their best talent not them after ours.
Williams simply has to stay, the effect on our best young talent going to Wire would have disastrous consequences for the club.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I really hope this is nonsense. To lose a player of his calibre, at his age, to one of our main rivals would be a disaster for the club. We are a business, yes. But we were a rugby club first.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Give me one good reason why IFL would sell him? He is not in the game to make a profit so money doesn't come into it!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Give me one good reason why IFL would sell him? He is not in the game to make a profit so money doesn't come into it!
Playing devils advocate here,the club has to at least come close to profit IL has proven in the past players have a price,if he feels its in the clubs interest then it'll happen.

But i just don't see it with this rumour.
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

you are being "ironic" I presume-he would sell his mother if te price was right I reckon
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Give me one good reason why IFL would sell him? He is not in the game to make a profit so money doesn't come into it!
Sam Tomkins, Joel Tomkins we have sold player in the past. So why sell them then.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Because IL (and the fans in tandem) have stated it is not fair to prevent a player earning as much money as they can and the club doesn't stand in the way of unsettled players
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Another thought crossed my mind.....George to the Wolfs :wink: Sam to stand off, and Escare full back??

Matt