Clubb’s green-light to return

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Clubb’s green-light to return

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Is fwarrior cpwigan? If so, I hope he has fully recovered. I hope that any break has lead to a more settled life view. If not, then ignore that bit!

On Clubb, I think having him and Mac in the team leaves us open defensively - they both go for massive hits which, if they go wrong, can give away penalties and leave gaps.

That aside, I like him as a person and a player, and think he gives us something X factorish that neither Crosby, nor 2015 Mossop could manage.

Finally, good luck to anyone who has to stare retirement in the face and then gets a second chance.
morleypieeater

Re: Clubb’s green-light to return

Post by morleypieeater »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Where would you place Clubb in the pecking order at Wigan? For me he is behind, FPN, Flower, Sutty and TT.
In Wane's mind the pecking order will come as the season progresses. He'll rotate all the props and keep them fresh and have the best 4 or 5 in the 17 for the GF.

For my money, though I like the look of Nuuausala, it's too early to place him above others who've proved their worth - though I have high hopes for him.

Re Clubb v Crosby, maybe money/length of contract or other factors came into the club's decision?