Charnley to return in a season

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: Charnley to return in a season

Post by lucky 13 »

The booze hound wrote:
lucky 13 wrote:
The booze hound wrote: Am I reading this right? Your saying IF Williams leaves and IF Charnley returns we will have a good back three. I guess Escare hasn't had his contract extended in this IF scenario.
Yes you are reading it right most things on the rumour mill are IFs? That is a speculative scenario and is widely what this whole forum section is based on.
Based further on speculation.........
I hope Morgan does great and cements his place at Wigan, IF so we won't need Charnley back.
I also imagine it's a when rather than a IF with Williams, though I hope I'm wrong.
I imagine IF any of the scenarios above happen that Tomkins may end up at 6 for Wigan at some point?
I do understand that's a big IF but not a ridiculous post on a rumour thread?..... about a player who's left and played what three games!!
I am not having a dig, but there is a big difference between rumour and hypothetical.
Not taking it as a dig :) and not digging back ......
Ok this thread is about "Charnley back in a year", the only fact about it is Solomoa going to Sale. SO is it really a rumour or as I read it, totally without base and hypethetical? I do not see a scenario of what I wrote being misplaced especially seeing it's so obviously hypertheticaly based on a hyperthetical rumour :roll:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Players always come back a former shadow of themselves from the dark side, let Josh go to Leigh if he wants back into League
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Thinking about the relative merits/form of Charnley, Budgie and Manfredi, a crucial factor for me is the chances they each got based on the team's form at the time.

My memory is of Burgess playing and scoring mainly at times when we created chances (including some he himself created).

Josh switched wings and IIRC switched back around the time Gells returned from injury. Despite this he grafted and scored a few outstanding tries.

I'd possibly pick Charnley and Manfredi at times when we're having to grind out wins on the basis that they contribute more in our own half of the field?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Be surprised if Charnley returns after one season.

Appears as if the op is clutching at straws and somehow assumed that Solomona arriving means Sale either have to sell or are over-subscribed in the wing position
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

What intrigues me is that Sale have already decided that throughout their league careers both men were playing on their wrong wings as now they play Josh as a left winger and Solomona as a right winger. ????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

ian.birchall wrote:What intrigues me is that Sale have already decided that throughout their league careers both men were playing on their wrong wings as now they play Josh as a left winger and Solomona as a right winger. ????
Maybe Solomona retired from the left wing.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

The booze hound wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:What intrigues me is that Sale have already decided that throughout their league careers both men were playing on their wrong wings as now they play Josh as a left winger and Solomona as a right winger. ????
Maybe Solomona retired from the left wing.
:lol:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well, duh! I watched the game, and that didn't even strike me!

Funny, though.
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

Charnley was on the bench this week. Trust me, back to RL after a season. Solomona is doing far better.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

FWarrior wrote:Charnley was on the bench this week. Trust me, back to RL after a season. Solomona is doing far better.
I don't think you are too far off the mark there FW.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards