Wigan v Wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: Wigan v Wire

Post by yokozuna »

moto748 wrote:I always find it easier to judge watching on TV rather than live at a game, but wow, how good was Escare?
Outstanding. A very complete player at the moment, and looks like he's played at Wigan for years.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

In no particular order Lockers, Williams, Isa, Faz, Escaré, Tommy, Marshall, Joel all outstanding. Props and Sam P superb. Easy to overlook Isa with so many playing well. Living near Leeds, I'm looking forward to 31st March at Headingley!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
ian b

Post by ian b »

surely the squad was rotated tonight through injury and it looked pretty good to me. So Burgess Manfredi Gildart Thierney MM shouldn;t get back in !!!!!
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Very,very good tonight. Sam's taken a hammering on sky. Morgan Escare has earned the right to keep the fullback spot. When fit can Sam be loaned out to a championship club for match fitness or is it not allowed? So much competition for places can only be good for the club and drive players to improve.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I haven't seen any TV, what do you mean by "Sam's taken a hammering on Sky"?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Tried to recal the last time I saw such a lacklustre display from any team playing Wigan,the best I could come up with was Leeds at the magic last year,they were simply inept,watching last night at the ground the thing I noticed they weren't talking to each other much a really bad sign for any team.

Escare is superb,Tomkins if there is any justice will have to wait his turn,he won't he will go right back in Mark my words,but the lad is as others have said the close seasons best signing on current form,long may it continue.

Lockers is simply immense,Wigan have a far bigger problem not with replacing him but replacing what he brings into the team when he plays,if the team can get past it when he's retired then all will be well,if not well that doesn't bear thinking about.

MM...I wonder if the club will get the same player back when he returns,awful injury bound to have taken something out of him.

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

moto748 wrote:I haven't seen any TV, what do you mean by "Sam's taken a hammering on Sky"?
Lots of banter dating he'll have to play prop or go out on loan when he's fit again.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wormburner wrote:We will destroy them by at least 20 points

You were spot on. A wonderful team performance Simply the best
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

SJ wrote:
Wormburner wrote:We will destroy them by at least 20 points

You were spot on. A wonderful team performance Simply the best
Yup he was can't help this morning Wigan should have had a try or two more
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

yokozuna wrote:
moto748 wrote:I haven't seen any TV, what do you mean by "Sam's taken a hammering on Sky"?
Lots of banter dating he'll have to play prop or go out on loan when he's fit again.
Sam was the guest for sky

Apparently when someone asked Terry O'Connor where sam tomkins plays he said prop or at leigh

It was a joke but to be fair right on the money at the moment. Every person they interviewed seemed to have a glowing endorsement for Escare it was a bit unfair but Sam took it well to be fair
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure