Wane on Sam vs Escare

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: Wane on Sam vs Escare

Post by ian b »

you could strain your calf if you were 21 so the dodgy bit is a joke to be honest. Like any player at his stage of his career he will need managing because of the injuries he has sustained. He is no more of a liability than any other player. Look at Burgess and Thierney. The common factor i think is a soaking wet pitch which must make lower limb injuries easier to get because of the surface you have to play on
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wormburner wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
SJ wrote: I think today's 10 minutes should answer your question Josie

He's pulled his calf!
Hence the dodgy moniker
Liam Farrell didn't play because of a calf strain!! :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Escare deserved his MOM award.
A very good game and his taking of those (very) high bombs was superb. Not too sure Sam would have been as assured under those kicks,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Sam T and MM have nothing to prove regarding their ability. What they have to prove is fitness.

We have all seen how good these players can be and they bring experience to the side that younger players don't.

We had the same "he can't walk back into the side" comments over Joel when he was injured. Now he is back injury free he has been influential in just about every game so far this season.

It must be a nightmare for a coach when you have a talented squad as we are blessed with but at the end of the day he must pick his best side. He won't keep his job if he is as loyal to young players as fans want to be and we lose games.

Things have gone well so far and Escare is doing great but would you expect him to do the whole season and play in a GF? Tough calls for Wane as I said.

I do know I want Wigan to sign Escare up though!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:Sam T and MM have nothing to prove regarding their ability. What they have to prove is fitness.

We have all seen how good these players can be and they bring experience to the side that younger players don't.

We had the same "he can't walk back into the side" comments over Joel when he was injured. Now he is back injury free he has been influential in just about every game so far this season.

It must be a nightmare for a coach when you have a talented squad as we are blessed with but at the end of the day he must pick his best side. He won't keep his job if he is as loyal to young players as fans want to be and we lose games.

Things have gone well so far and Escare is doing great but would you expect him to do the whole season and play in a GF? Tough calls for Wane as I said.

I do know I want Wigan to sign Escare up though!
Nail on the head!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
SJ

Post by SJ »

josie andrews wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
josie andrews wrote: He's pulled his calf!
Hence the dodgy moniker
Liam Farrell didn't play because of a calf strain!! :wink:

Thank goodness for that Josie. I thought it may have been worse like twisting his sock bending over to pull his boots on. ????????
Peet_1987

Post by Peet_1987 »

Wormburner wrote:They must be old credits for Sam as he's done naff all since he's been back, Escare for me any day of the week
I agree ST has a lot to prove which I very much doubt he can - it is a shame about Sam but I think his body may have put an early end to his true talent.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

I love watching Sam but you just CANNOT drop Morgan atm. He is playing well above the standard I was expecting,assured under the bomb,positional sense,always available when attacking,confidence sky high. He's having a blast atm and to even contemplate "resting him" to me would be a travesty.