FPN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: FPN

Post by Wandering Warrior »

We'll see if the disciplinary finds it over the top or not? Let's hope they don't. Despite his lack lustre performances we need every body we can get at the moment, never mind players suffering dumb brain farts!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:We'll see if the disciplinary finds it over the top or not? Let's hope they don't. Despite his lack lustre performances we need every body we can get at the moment, never mind players suffering dumb brain farts!!
Agreed, i think he will get a fine i doubt he will get a ban, if he had struck someone with it he would have.

Attention will have been diverted to the higginson horror tackle too
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I am not excusing what he did but if you watch it again it looked like he threw it towards the corner of the ground and not in the main section of a stand, again not condoning it but maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked or could have been.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

cherry.pie wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I am not excusing what he did but if you watch it again it looked like he threw it towards the corner of the ground and not in the main section of a stand, again not condoning it but maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked or could have been.
That's probably true, but the fact is throwing a boot towards the crowd, even if it doesn't hit anyone, is the sort of thing the disciplinary committee might look at. Hopefully it will just be a caution but it's such a stupid thing to do and for no gain whatsoever.
Like I said I do not condone it at all and it was very stupid and he has left himself open to punishment for it, I just hope he threw it knowing it wasn't going to hurt anyone, I don't think he is that type of guy to be nasty!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Has CP re-emerged
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
TrueBlueWarrior

Wormburner wrote:Has CP re-emerged
Like bloody Michael Myers!
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Frank didn't hit much all game so I think the crowd was pretty safe.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

As usual, the sensible posters have it right. Frank Paul hasn't lived up to the hype but had a decent if unspectacular game v Wire.

Sutton, in my opinion, had a good first 15-20 mins but quality dropped later.

Joel is not quite as good as he seems to think, but much better than his critics give him credit for.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wormburner wrote:Has CP re-emerged
Don't think so Cleggy.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

God wrote:I thought it was funny when he launched the boot, just like I did when Gelling did it last season, and the gum shield the season before that.

I'm waiting for a head guard to be launched, p.c and health and safety gone mad.
A gum shield would not cause injury to anyone it hit nor would a head guard. A boot on the other hand could cause an injury, I would like to see where the boot ended up but it was a scumbag tactic one i wouldnt want our players to be doing. Chucking it away on the field is one thing launching it into the crowd is completely different.

Im sure opinions on the severity would change if it had hit a small child the kind that normally get down at the front for games.

I may be being over the top but its certainly not behaviour i want to see in the game let alone by our players.

Like i said if a fan threw his show at a player there would probably be a ban from the stadium
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure