Re: Sean Wane is a fraud.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Shaun Wane is a fraud.

Post by fozzieskem »

Wintergreen wrote:To throw another factor into the mix, how much of the current situation is SW and how much is Ian Lennegan?

We have been constantly told that "I have confidence in the young players", "We have tremendous depth here at Wigan", whenever we have not gone into the transfer market to replace the people that we have lost.

And btw I don't count Sam. When we bought him I was very very concerned that his bolt had been shot. Sadly looks like I was right.

Frankly I am sick of it.
Given the sheer scale of the "factory"Wigan have it always bemuses me why the club go out of it's way to re sign players who left in the first place,most if not all arent the players they were before they left,it surely must be a bit of a letdown to these lads coming through,in a normal year ay least,knowing player x could be coming back with his tail between his legs within months.

I'm old school,you leave Wigan you dont come back take your mower and go to the grass on the other side,dont start crying when its not as green,at the moment the club have created a safty net for these players who leave whenver they want to only to return a lesser player a year or two down the line (and lets be fair its their first spell that creates the buzz,the club have had their worth out of them).

Time to stop this practice and properly back these kids,the kids that are waiting for their chance not just as a last resort but as a bone fide first choice.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

My comment was tongue in cheek - I hope that we will still have something to play for by the time we have a side strong enough to win a game, I just doubt that'll happen. I think we may not be in Wakefield's class, but we should be good enough to avoid the bottom 4.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Has Wane's luck finally run out.
I was optimistic up to last weekend but it seems that our ability to throw away leads knows no bounds.
Perhaps a change may freshen things up? Or is hiding under the bed sheets the best policy and hope it will come good?
Exiled
I presumed there was some sarcasm in there but it's a pretty sobering thought nevertheless.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield