Signings?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Signings?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Gabe Hamlin signed, two year deal.
Project player!
Needs some timber on to be a prop? Loose forward may be?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

This kid may show a lot of promise but he is another forward another project player the two things we don't really need.

He hasnt even played NRL yet - Tim Smith lets not forget was referred to at a similar age won rookie of the year and was generally looked at as a future superstar
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Trust in SW, the goose is in the oven!:wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We finally make a signing and all we get it bitching and moaning, straight replacement for Navarrete IMO
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:We finally make a signing and all we get it bitching and moaning, straight replacement for Navarrete IMO
I understand some of the comments but I am with you Meds lets embrace it!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

As ever, it is far too early to take an overall view. But, that said, he is a huge trade up on Navarette - who gave it a go.

One of my concerns is that YET AGAIN we seem to think that a bulked up second rower makes a good prop. When FC are scattering us up the middle again next season, and our pack gets decimated by injuries again because of being asked to play above our weight, we can reflect on the stupidity of continuing to go down this route...
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Actually, I got the emphasis wrong there - looks to me like a massive trade up on navarette, and great to see that Pat is still looking out for us. Maguire may be getting his own back on the club that sacked him as well...
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’ll as ever give him the benefit and welcome the lad but surely not as a prop though.

Not the signing though that will sell many season tickets though
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:As ever, it is far too early to take an overall view. But, that said, he is a huge trade up on Navarette - who gave it a go.

One of my concerns is that YET AGAIN we seem to think that a bulked up second rower makes a good prop. When FC are scattering us up the middle again next season, and our pack gets decimated by injuries again because of being asked to play above our weight, we can reflect on the stupidity of continuing to go down this route...
Well let's hang on and see where we do play him first. If the lad does turn out well, there might even be the option to play Lockers at prop and him at 13, for example.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

medlocke wrote:We finally make a signing and all we get it bitching and moaning, straight replacement for Navarrete IMO
It may sound like moaning but its just you feel that we may not be signing the right players. Look on the forum, every comments that we need a centre, a half back and a prop, and we go an sign another second rower.

I hope hamlin turns out to be a superstar but players in other positions are needed.
It just my opinion, others will back that up also.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Barney841 wrote:
It may sound like moaning but its just you feel that we may not be signing the right players. Look on the forum, every comments that we need a centre, a half back and a prop, and we go an sign another second rower.

I hope hamlin turns out to be a superstar but players in other positions are needed.
It just my opinion, others will back that up also.
Its not just needing a prop swell, if we are going in for a prop it needs to be a pack leader, someone like alex warmsley.

The last thing we need is more inexperience and unpredictability
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure