19-Man Squad: Vs Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Salford

Post by Mike »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:No - I have definitely paid hundreds of pounds of every year to watch reserve teams play for long periods, and indeed sat through our worst run of results for over 100 years as a result. A medical team incapable of preventing and treating injuries on this scale is incompetent. Last time I looked, it was part of the medical team's job to make sure players are able to play. You may be happy about it, that's your prerogative.

2 more off last night - both joint/soft tissue. Gildart clearly has a knee injury which he took into the FIRST game.
So you blame the medical team for a rolled ankle?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

i think Exiled has a point to be honest and i ve been saying this for a while. We for some reason pick up too many injuries on a consistent basis.

I watched the warm up and was dismayed at first to see Olivers knee so heavily strapped for the first game, that puzzled me and gave me a cause for concern. Also Sarges groin is another problem.

When i was watching the game i was holding my breath in case we pick up more injuries. It is probably our mindsight that we expect injuries after the previuos few years.

Also after the game Waney also referred to us as not being the biggest again, is that the problem and should it have been addressed

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

We too where puzzled by Gildart heavily strapped knee it doesn’t bode well for the season ahead,also agree about the size Salford were huge in comparison now ok the collapsed in the second half but other teams won’t and it’ll cost us being so small in the long run.

3 players out last night all we need is one or two more and bingo Wigan are back in familiar territory of last season of having to use kids again and let’s be fair no one wants that again
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

So you blame the medical team for a rolled ankle?[/quote]

Our players play the same sport as every other team and get injured more often. I blame the medical team for that - that is their job.
Do we understand how to condition people properly, so that their joints are strong enough? Do we bulk up enough? Do we cure quickly enough?
Injuries over an extended period of time speak for themselves. I appreciate people may relish watching Worthington taking on Tupou. Each to their own. We had 5 missing last night, both centres carrying knocks and Flower taken off injured. We are ONE game into the season.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Mike wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:No - I have definitely paid hundreds of pounds of every year to watch reserve teams play for long periods, and indeed sat through our worst run of results for over 100 years as a result. A medical team incapable of preventing and treating injuries on this scale is incompetent. Last time I looked, it was part of the medical team's job to make sure players are able to play. You may be happy about it, that's your prerogative.

2 more off last night - both joint/soft tissue. Gildart clearly has a knee injury which he took into the FIRST game.
Seems to me like he is still guessing!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Mike wrote:

Actually it is simple logic. If 12 teams do the same thing over a long period and one suffers multiple long lasting injuries over that period, the people responsible for preventing and curing those injuries are incompetent. I have never been to the sun but I know it comes up every day without guessing.
TrueBlueWarrior

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Mike wrote: So you blame the medical team for a rolled ankle?
Actually it is simple logic. If 12 teams do the same thing over a long period and one suffers multiple long lasting injuries over that period, the people responsible for preventing and curing those injuries are incompetent. I have never been to the sun but I know it comes up every day without guessing.
Just a thought but maybe we have just been very unlucky, majority of our serious injuries have been trauma injuries during a game, something our medical team are not accountable for unless they are making the tackles!

Have you ever thought that our medical team is actually brilliant and without them our injury situation could have been worse? Just a thought!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

There is no evidence they know what they are doing.
By the only relevant measures they are woefully inadequate in terms of building resilience and bringing people back to fitness. It really bugs me because it can be fixed and makes or breaks our seasons.
Plus, we pay a lot of money to watch the first team play first team games.
TrueBlueWarrior

Exiled Wiganer wrote:There is no evidence they know what they are doing.
By the only relevant measures they are woefully inadequate in terms of building resilience and bringing people back to fitness. It really bugs me because it can be fixed and makes or breaks our seasons.
Where is the evidence to suggest they don’t know what they are doing apart from an anonymous poster on a fans website?
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:There is no evidence they know what they are doing.
Where is the evidence to suggest they don’t know what they are doing apart from an anonymous poster on a fans website?

Correct
Does anyone care to note that wigan did actually change several of their backroom medical/physio/conditioning staff early and mid way through last year?