Wigan v Wire game thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Wigan v Wire game thread

Post by moto748 »

6742hitch wrote:Great game...lot of Neymars playing for Wite it looked like, Hill will get away murder, was Clarke just after a breather or trying to get someone binned for the supposed “crusher” tackle?

I’d like to see Flower’s stats for that match, he carried, tackled and won almost all of his contacts (except the drop ball), and Hamlin was awesome too!!
That's what I thought at the time about Clark. Certainly in real time didn't look anything like a crusher to me.

They should get Brett Ferres to do a training video for refs, so they can spot these things easily in future.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Wigan should have taken the penalty chances at goal, points on the board are better than yards gained in a close match! By the way, who is this "hammer"?
The referee gave Wire lots but justice was done.

Mick
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote:
ddtftf wrote:Surprised at Charnley he is acting childish need to grow up and he would get more respect as a good player, he was waving his arms around after every decision from the ref
Let's not slag him off too much. He would have resigned for Wigan if he had known Wane was leaving and we would have been lapping his arm waving up.
That was nothing to do with Wane!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

mickh wrote:Wigan should have taken the penalty chances at goal, points on the board are better than yards gained in a close match! By the way, who is this "hammer"?
The referee gave Wire lots but justice was done.

Mick
Gabe Hamlin’s nickname ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I agree with your last paragraph cherry pie. It is well worth considering Josh to play off the bench when George returns. We could keep Sam T at fullback and benefit from Josh's kicking game. He'll learn plenty without having to cope physically with a full 80 minutes. If George is off for too long Josh may start to struggle playing every week but he's doing very well so far. I don't think Morgan is adding much at present but there's still time for him to gain a bit more confidence and trust his speed a bit more. It's nice to have another option.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Heard Hammer made 51 tackles and 1300 meters you just have to play the lad and he will only get better. Bold statement but would make a great loose forward
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

southportcdm wrote:I agree with your last paragraph cherry pie. It is well worth considering Josh to play off the bench when George returns. We could keep Sam T at fullback and benefit from Josh's kicking game. He'll learn plenty without having to cope physically with a full 80 minutes. If George is off for too long Josh may start to struggle playing every week but he's doing very well so far. I don't think Morgan is adding much at present but there's still time for him to gain a bit more confidence and trust his speed a bit more. It's nice to have another option.
Why should Wood s struggle playing every week?,he should improve with more game time.If Williams plays instead of Woods its not because of form.Woods is a better player and should keephis place.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Woods is only 20 and in his first season with the first team. The chances are that he'll struggle physically and mentally if he plays too many games back to back. Being a regular is different than playing a few games/part games here and there. George is a far better player at this point and will go straight back into the starting team when he's fit.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

southportcdm wrote:Woods is only 20 and in his first season with the first team. The chances are that he'll struggle physically and mentally if he plays too many games back to back. Being a regular is different than playing a few games/part games here and there. George is a far better player at this point and will go straight back into the starting team when he's fit.
Your right, look at the harm it did to Edwards and Faz, As for George your joking right?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote:
southportcdm wrote:Woods is only 20 and in his first season with the first team. The chances are that he'll struggle physically and mentally if he plays too many games back to back. Being a regular is different than playing a few games/part games here and there. George is a far better player at this point and will go straight back into the starting team when he's fit.
Your right, look at the harm it did to Edwards and Faz, As for George your joking right?
Woods had a great game and hasn't let anyone down at all, me I'd keep him playing for as long as possible even when Williams returns he deserved his shot give him a run, even to the end of the season whenever that may be, and choose between Powell and Williams to partner him.