Re: MORLEY

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
they are inside the rules
But the problem with the whole salary cap issue in Superleague is that we, as fans, don't know this for sure. It's an integral part of the sport, you lose points and/or money for flouting the law, but it's all done cloak-and-dagger-like behind the scenes leaving the fans to wonder how certain clubs seem to be able to fit so many experienced players within the structure. Warrington may well be ok, P'n'B has suggested they've spent under their limit this year, but they're not the only club being spoken about bringing players in. Are they all going to be able to fit players into their salary cap? Is anyone from the league even going to look at this since they've already publically said all the clubs are ok this year (before any end-of-season recruitment might happen)? It's within the rules, and as I mentioned elsewhere in a discussion about the grapple tackle it's not something to change this year, but I would welcome a review of this before the next season starts.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

well said pie eaters. we wouldn't be complaining if we would have signed him and are warrington in trouble for signing him....no.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Look the fact of the matter is we ain't good enough to make the final of that cup...period!

So we either make up the numbers and let it be another (boring) top 2 play-off formality...
or
We spend our remaining .2m of our salary cap that doesn't give us any advantage, just equality, and stand a chance of getting in the mix and adding a bit of spice to the play-off's for the 1st time ever.

Just for the first time in 20+ years can you not just except that this ain't your year as Warrington have for the last 31?

Can you not just sit back and enjoy somebody else battle it out for the love of the game and embrace innovating ideas that just so happens not to be not one of Wigan's for a change?

Every year I go to the CC cup final for the weekend, I don't dis the other clubs that I envy, I just soak it all up as a nutral.
God forbid, but i've even cheered on you lot there!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Look the fact of the matter is we ain't good enough to make the final of that cup...period!
You've made it to the play-offs, which is probably more than we will!

p'n'b - I don't know if you've been keeping up with current events, but aside from one CC success, Wigan do not have a lot to shout about from the last few years!

As I said earlier - and I will say AGAIN:

I would much rather Warrington won the Super League rather than saints, leeds or bradford.

My argument was that it was unfair on whoever gets "released" from the overseas quota and essentially sacked from the club. My point was that the rules should be reviewed regarding under what circumstances an overseas star can be brought in.

If you could find a British born 3/4 that was playing in the NRL and was considered the best player in the world (let's just all enjoy that scenario for a second) and got him on loan for a few games at the tail end of the season - then that would be a lot more acceptable
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pie eaters posted:
How does it cheapen the game? it doesnt only just apply to them bringing players in like that but what if you have injuries terrible inuries and you lose playmakers etc and you could have andrew johns for a handful of games to fill in for the loss
It cheapens the game by getting players who have missed out on winning a trophy have another chance. Also it just so degrading for the guy who has sweated blood to be droppped in favour of the joining player.

If Warrington won the GF. Theyd be the best team over the play off period and not the season and what type of message will that send to the chairmen of the clubs. Save money by buying in less quality players than theyd do otherwise and get players in on a short term deal to gurantee success. Leeds and Saints are by far the best sides at the moment.

And by saving money over theseason it will set the standards we have week in week out down and that cheapens the game as a penny pinching chairman has saved money for a player on a short term deal.

So therefore it does cheapen the game.

Also it is a test of stamina and fitness. We suffered all season and still we kept going. If you agree with it then fair enough but by agreeing with it you sound like you will be happy to watch inferior standard of rugby. If the money was there all season then why have they not used it before, this is a pre planned move by the Wolves and if it pays off watch all clubs doing it.

Also if Warrington wins the GF then if i was the player dropped id be on the way out asap. If youre good enough in February then your good enough in October.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

- psycho - posted:
well said pie eaters. we wouldn't be complaining if we would have signed him and are warrington in trouble for signing him....no.
I would complain stop being blinkered this is not good for the game.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Matthew posted:

unfair on whoever gets released from the overseas quota and essentially sacked from the club.
Then you are condeming what your own team has done at least 4 times this year to our once!!
Don't let me have to name them because I would embarress you. :doz:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Matthew posted:

unfair on whoever gets released from the overseas quota and essentially sacked from the club.
Then you are condeming what your own team has done at least 4 times this year to our once!!
Don't let me have to name them because I would embarress you. :doz:
But they have been released at the end of the season not in the middle. Go on embaress him. Who have Wigan released this season or as youd say sack.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Please name them!

Which fit players have been sacked mid-season - on or off the overseas quota?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Matthew posted:
Please name them!

Which fit players have been sacked mid-season - on or off the overseas quota?
Cmon PNB put up or shut up.