Disciplinary

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Disciplinary

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:25 pm
pedro wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:48 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:21 pm

Thank you Josie. I think Josh has been hard done to, I can’t see that his actions warranted a ban let alone a two game suspension. The game has gone mad!
it carries on being sanitised, I can see loads of fans walking away over the coming seasons, gone very very soft
I didn't realize there were that many fans of kicking out in the tackle! It's what were all here to see. That and high shots.
I am all for it Mike but not in this case. Why is a trip not dealt with in the same way? Before anyone says it, it used to be.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:27 pm
pedro wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:48 pm

it carries on being sanitised, I can see loads of fans walking away over the coming seasons, gone very very soft
I didn't realize there were that many fans of kicking out in the tackle! It's what were all here to see. That and high shots.
I am all for it Mike but not in this case. Why is a trip not dealt with in the same way? Before anyone says it, it used to be.
And yet you remained a fan of the game...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:53 pm

Yes, why would I not be?
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

The game has gone soft.Ridiculous penalties,yellow cards and red cards.It was stated some years ago by Gus Gould of the NRL that Doctors and Lawyers would be the downfall of our great game and i fear he was right.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Blindside prop. Sounds like your an exponent of "thugby" ?which is not RL as stated by the rules constituting the game. Doctors should never be ignored Where the the wellbeing of players is concerned. It's basic common sence!
pedro

Post by pedro »

archiekeith wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:43 am Blindside prop. Sounds like your an exponent of "thugby" ?which is not RL as stated by the rules constituting the game. Doctors should never be ignored Where the the wellbeing of players is concerned. It's basic common sence!
:lol: :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:14 pm
archiekeith wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:43 am Blindside prop. Sounds like your an exponent of "thugby" ?which is not RL as stated by the rules constituting the game. Doctors should never be ignored Where the the wellbeing of players is concerned. It's basic common sence!
:lol: :lol:
Christ on a bike :shock:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:19 pm

Yes, why would I not be?
Because the original poster said we'd lose fans due to disciplinary penalties being too harsh. And you pointed out tripping was harsh in the past, but it didn't stop you being a fan.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

It won't be long before it's a non contact sport like football
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:36 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:19 pm

Yes, why would I not be?
Because the original poster said we'd lose fans due to disciplinary penalties being too harsh. And you pointed out tripping was harsh in the past, but it didn't stop you being a fan.
It doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t support the game (I don’t believe that I said I wouldn’t). However, I will voice my opinion as to what I think are harsh decisions and those that should warrant disciplinary action but doesn’t. Some of the decisions of late, for example McGilvrey’s sinbinning against Castleford is pathetic.