v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
blindsideprop

Re: v Wakefield

Post by blindsideprop »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:04 pm
blindsideprop wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:04 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:56 am

This is one of the reasons why I only do FB on game day just to post a good luck message to the boys, then it’s log out again until next game day!
I only look on Twitter for the Warriors updates & a couple of others. I’d sooner read a good book or the comments on here! 😉😂
The only reason you do not like comments on here is because many disagree with you and you always think you are right, and even though our clubs acheivements are well below what they should be.you continue with your happy clapping and accepting mediocrity.
Give us an example of something you posted when you didn't think you were right :lol: :lol: :lol:
I admit i am not always right and just voice my opinion,but i dont refuse to read comments because they are critical of the club/team like a spoilt child. But i am right in saying we have always been a leading club in recruitment and winning trophies and at this moment in time deserve some criticism as we have won nothing for too long and that is not good enough for the Wigan club and its fans unless as i said previously those fans are happy with mediocrity.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Mike wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:04 pm
Richymac wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:28 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:46 pm I agree re: DW Stadium, I was saying at the Wakefield game, it would be great if we played in a stadium like Bournemouth have (capacity wise), I think we'd actually have waiting lists for ST/Derby/Rival games etc!
In addition to that I feel the sense of exclusivity if waiting lists were needed lures people in. It brings a bit of a “I was there” mentality and would attract others I reckon.
What's the point if you're already sold out with a capacity of 6K or something low? Aim bigger, sell out the 20K.
Well Bournemouth (as an example), has a capacity of 11,364. So if I recall correctly, the attendance V Wakefield was just over 11,000, which in theory would mean a sell out with a smaller stadium.

How often does the DW get anywhere near 20K? Even before Covid? Hull FC, Huddersfield and Leeds all have 20K plus capacity stadiums, how often do they get near 20K?

Its all very well aiming high, problem is no SL club achieves it these days? Except us V Stains on Good Friday and the Hull derby (possibly).
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:02 pm

In addition to that I feel the sense of exclusivity if waiting lists were needed lures people in. It brings a bit of a “I was there” mentality and would attract others I reckon.
What's the point if you're already sold out with a capacity of 6K or something low? Aim bigger, sell out the 20K.
Well Bournemouth (as an example), has a capacity of 11,364. So if I recall correctly, the attendance V Wakefield was just over 11,000, which in theory would mean a sell out with a smaller stadium.

How often does the DW get anywhere near 20K? Even before Covid? Hull FC, Huddersfield and Leeds all have 20K plus capacity stadiums, how often do they get near 20K?

Its all very well aiming high, problem is no SL club achieves it these days? Except us V Stains on Good Friday and the Hull derby (possibly).
If Wigan ever got a stadium it would need to be 16k to maximise the big games and to leave room to invite schools etc for quieter ones.

When we get between 9-11k (yes I know season ticket holders are included matter if they turn up or not.)

If you got smaller than that you lose revenue for games where you could sell out.

But it isn't just about the stadium, there needs to be stuff on around it pre match to get families to go earlier

A local pub or say convert chippy for example would help as well :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

So is the full Wakefield game ever going to be shown on Wigan TV? No sign of it yet.
Last edited by moto748 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:25 pm So is the full Wakefield game ever going to shown on Wigan TV? No sign of it yet.
Just about to post the same question but full game has just gone up on the Wigan TV site :)
So too today's game !
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

I know I'm behind due to shift-work etc so have just watched this game, a pretty good all round team effort. Smith played very well and Miski took the ball out of defence well and was (almost) error free. Field was next level again but his passing was erratic.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

What struck me, watching the Wakey game back, is how relatively fluent we were most of the time, compared to the clunkiness against Salford.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:02 pm

Which would mean that the club loses money when Saints and Wire come to town.