Replacement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BIgRed

Re: Replacement

Post by BIgRed »

Hmmm, not sure we should rush into signing a replacement. Not withstanding current bans and injuries, we are not short of forwards, and could either allow Pierce- Paul to continue to develop in the centres or drop Batty into that role.

I agree that Bibby can be inconsistent, although he does occasionally have a really good game. However he is prone to making the odd catastrophic mistake. Be interesting to see how we went with French and Marshall as starting wingers, with Pierce-Paul and Isa (alternating with Batty for some games)in the centres.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

We've got KPP to come back and young Halsall who I like the look of so there's no need for a replacement at the moment for me,anyhow getting someone who's decent at this time of the season is difficult.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The problem is if he isn't replaced soon as possible then he probably won't be replaced as has happened in the past
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I agree about concerns highlighted around panic buying and it not working long-term.

Although KPP, Batty, Faz and Isa are not first choice centre's, they have all demonstrated capability when playing there, not forgetting Bibby and an opportunity for Halsall!

For the rest of the season, I'm nit majorly concerned, providing the club have identified a strong replacement for 2023 onwards!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Club new that Zac was off at the end of the season and we lost Gildart so there was a need to be looking for a centre already?
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Gildart will be back next season 👍
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:13 pm Club new that Zac was off at the end of the season and we lost Gildart so there was a need to be looking for a centre already?
Do we know they are not?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:16 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:13 pm Club new that Zac was off at the end of the season and we lost Gildart so there was a need to be looking for a centre already?
Do we know they are not?
How do we know they are, hence the question?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

BIgRed wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:37 pm Hmmm, not sure we should rush into signing a replacement. Not withstanding current bans and injuries, we are not short of forwards, and could either allow Pierce- Paul to continue to develop in the centres or drop Batty into that role.

I agree that Bibby can be inconsistent, although he does occasionally have a really good game. However he is prone to making the odd catastrophic mistake. Be interesting to see how we went with French and Marshall as starting wingers, with Pierce-Paul and Isa (alternating with Batty for some games)in the centres.
That would be the worst decision for a while imo.

Totally convinced neither of them should be in the centres.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Give young Halsall a run there.