Wigan squad for Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Wigan squad for Warrington

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:42 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:38 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:36 pm

What I mean is that we are conceding out wide just as much or you gonna tell me powell covers the wings as well?
It’s not as simple as that.

Maybe the reason we are conceding outwide is because opposition forwards are making a lot of ground up the middle, it’s sucking our defence in and creating space outwide?
I think it’s the offload and line speed that getting us at the moment
I have noticed that teams do get a bit of a roll on and fast play the ball.

People often criticise our line speed and pin point mago in particular. But that isn’t the whole story and you need to understand if we are winning the floor.

Winning the floor for those that don’t know is basically who dominates the tackle. If you’re an attacker and get tackled and land on your front, then you have won the floor as you’ll get up quick and play the ball.

If you get held up, smothered, end up on your back etc then you haven’t won the floor and your defence have.

Saints are unreal at winning the floor in attack and defence. The ability to win the floor in attack enables the quick POTB and half breaks and penalties for offside / not square. The line speed they are famous for is only possibly when you win the floor in defence.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:47 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:43 pm If field hadn’t of scored some good and important tries, Farrell would be leading player of the season. He’s been awesome
If Farrel was from Australia or New Zeland sky would not shut up about how good he is.
What are you talking about?

Farrell gets nothing but praise from sky. Stop complaining about nothing.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:43 pm If field hadn’t of scored some good and important tries, Farrell would be leading player of the season. He’s been awesome
If Farrel was from Australia or New Zeland sky would not shut up about how good he is.
He's never been big enough to compete with Australia or New Zealand unfortunately
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:52 pm
He's never been big enough to compete with Australia or New Zealand unfortunately
Yet Bateman managed it?

Talking rubbish.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

From an international perspective, I've thought many a time Faz has been overlooked in previous years.

Mago is superb, 10 seconds or 10 minutes, goes forward well, always seeking an offload!
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:54 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:52 pm

Yet Bateman managed it?

Talking rubbish.
Ok, he's not physical enough, not strong enough. Whatever you want to call it. Bateman and Farrell are around the same size, granted. But Bateman has immense physicality for his size. I've seen Farrell almost bullied at international level
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Absolute class by Smith to release Field there, sorry this should have posted for French's try in the first half.
Last edited by widdenoldboy on Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:52 pm
What are you talking about?

Farrell gets nothing but praise from sky. Stop complaining about nothing.
I'm not complaining I'm saying if he wasn't British he would be considered a superstar.

And as you feel like attacking. Sky literally just said Farrel used mago take him look like a better player.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

What a game Harry smith is having
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Surprised Hicks gave Marshys second try without going upstairs!