Wigan Warriors’ Kai Pearce-Paul reportedly in for sensational swap deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan Warriors’ Kai Pearce-Paul reportedly in for sensational swap deal

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:57 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:50 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:44 pm I may have got this muddled up, but there is a big centre/winger at Newcastle called Dom Young who has raw talent and a lot of it. He is also English, so no quota issues. Given our strength in depth elsewhere I would take that swap if offered.
No your right……. They want KPP….. so they should pay a transfer fee and we get young……. Fairs fair as we aint pushing for it
Has anyone ask Young if he actually wants to leave Australia and if so join Wigan?
I think its a case of who wants to come to wigan and if it would fit…… like the above KPP isnt proven yet so it might work in our favour
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:44 pm I may have got this muddled up, but there is a big centre/winger at Newcastle called Dom Young who has raw talent and a lot of it. He is also English, so no quota issues. Given our strength in depth elsewhere I would take that swap if offered.
No your right……. They want KPP….. so they should pay a transfer fee and we get young……. Fairs fair as we aint pushing for it
Has anyone ask Young if he actually wants to leave Australia and if so join Wigan?
I texted him but not heard back yet...
I mentioned it for 2 reasons - first, because he is young and slightly on the fringes there, and so a stint over here (maybe as a loan) could be ideal to help his development given the opportunities we can offer to 3/4s and second, because there were some rumours a couple of months ago that we were looking at him.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I’ve not have you?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:13 pm
I mentioned it for 2 reasons - first, because he is young and slightly on the fringes there, and so a stint over here (maybe as a loan) could be ideal to help his development given the opportunities we can offer to 3/4s and second, because there were some rumours a couple of months ago that we were looking at him.
That’s what he messaged me about his development, with two internationals for the next few years at least in front of him in his favoured position, he would only get a game if there was an injury!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan1

Post by Wigan1 »

Dom Young starts every match for Newcastle Knights and is getting better every week over there. Why would he want to come here?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan1 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:46 pm

Dom Young starts every match for Newcastle Knights and is getting better every week over there. Why would he want to come here?
Maybe same reason as george wanted to come home…… its a better league and a better way of life over there, granted…… but some players are just home birds…… like another posted said though, agents play a big part and probably sell aussie to fatten there already bulging wallets
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:35 pm

Maybe same reason as george wanted to come home…… its a better league and a better way of life over there, granted…… but some players are just home birds…… like another posted said though, agents play a big part and probably sell aussie to fatten there already bulging wallets
Exactly this, and players start to believe the hype that these agents tell them!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

This, I must say, when Young first came along, I didn't think he was up to it. But perhaps because the Knights are a basement club, he got more second chances than he might have got at a better side, and, to be fair, improved no end, to the extent that he is a regular first-teamer now. So yeah, why would he want to come to SL? Seems unlikely.