Brad O’Neill

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Brad O’Neill

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:55 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:17 am Hmm, not sure how the panel will go, Brad lifted his hands into the referee but the referee took a couple of steps backwards into Brad. When will we know?
he would have gotten a bigger ban if he hadnt lifted his arms as it would have been a shoulder charge :) :) :)

on a serious note though, the whole thing is a farce

Player in defensive line, watching the play flow. Ref in the line, moving backwards and watching play
Player accidently bumps into ref, both move on with no incident only for it to be deemed a bannable offence

if thats the standard there are at least 2 others that need to be looked at from the weekend. I have seen a clip of one of the Leeds players knocking into the ref when they scored and i've seen a comment that LMS was up for disciplinary for touching the ref (not seen it though)
Sam Tomkins was cited for touching a touch judge who was looking ill through the heat during a game at their place, Sam was asking the TJ I’d he was okay!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:03 pm
the pieman wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:55 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:17 am Hmm, not sure how the panel will go, Brad lifted his hands into the referee but the referee took a couple of steps backwards into Brad. When will we know?
he would have gotten a bigger ban if he hadnt lifted his arms as it would have been a shoulder charge :) :) :)

on a serious note though, the whole thing is a farce

Player in defensive line, watching the play flow. Ref in the line, moving backwards and watching play
Player accidently bumps into ref, both move on with no incident only for it to be deemed a bannable offence

if thats the standard there are at least 2 others that need to be looked at from the weekend. I have seen a clip of one of the Leeds players knocking into the ref when they scored and i've seen a comment that LMS was up for disciplinary for touching the ref (not seen it though)
Sam Tomkins was cited for touching a touch judge who was looking ill through the heat during a game at their place, Sam was asking the TJ I’d he was okay!!!
Yes i'd seen that one too Josie.

I understand that players cant touch the ref, but there is a big difference between someone challenging a refs decision and putting their hand onto an arm / shoulder to grab them or accidently running into one whilst following the ball / checking if one of them is ok
moto748

Post by moto748 »

As I remarked before, I don't see why the disciplinary can't just speak to the ref, or TJ, or whoever. If the ref says, purely accidental, then no action.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:05 pm As I remarked before, I don't see why the disciplinary can't just speak to the ref, or TJ, or whoever. If the ref says, purely accidental, then no action.
Somebody would be out of a job!!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Just been looking to see if there has been any outcome to the appeal when I came across this:
Case Number:
ON/1402/22

Bevan French #1, Wigan

Competition:
Super League

Match:
Wigan Warriors v Hull KR

Match Date:
2022-08-28

Incident:
Late hit on passer

Decision:
No charge

Charge Detail:
Player is engaged by opponent and moderates contact.
Whoever gets these bloody jobs? 🙄

And then we have this!
Case Number:
ON/1433/22

Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook #15, St Helens

Competition:
Super League

Match:
Salford Red Devils v St Helens

Match Date:
2022-07-31

Incident:
Contact with referee

Decision:
Charge

Charge Detail:
Law 15.1 (i)

Deliberate or reckless physical contact with the match official

Grade A

Sanctions:
0 Match Penalty Notice
And this is Brad’s;
Case Number:
ON/1379/22

Brad O'Neill #, Wigan

Competition:
Reserves Championship

Match:
Wakefield v Wigan

Match Date:
2022-07-23

Incident:
Contact with referee

Decision:
Charge

Charge Detail:
Law 15.1 (i)

Deliberate or reckless physical contact with a match official (e.g. placing hand on arm to attract attention)

Grade C

Sanctions:
2 Match Penalty Notice
What are these people watching? It really is a load of 💩🤬
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Great research but what a scandalous and disgraceful inconsistency.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Got the appeal result!!
Wigan Warriors’ Brad O’Neil successfully challenged a Match Review Panel decision and saw his initial two match suspension for Grade C contact with a match official downgraded to Grade B (one match).
It’s a bloody farce, a bloody farce 🤬🤬

The whole lot of the RFL, the disciplinary, the MRP & the independent appeals are all fecking barstewards & fecking corrupt from top to bloody bottom 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Then they wonder why the game is losing fans! 🤬
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Come on Josie don't hold back tell us what you really think

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

On what grounds can it possible be changed to 1 game from 2.

It either happened as charged or didnt happen as charged.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:29 pm Got the appeal result!!
Wigan Warriors’ Brad O’Neil successfully challenged a Match Review Panel decision and saw his initial two match suspension for Grade C contact with a match official downgraded to Grade B (one match).
It’s a bloody farce, a bloody farce 🤬🤬

The whole lot of the RFL, the disciplinary, the MRP & the independent appeals are all fecking barstewards & fecking corrupt from top to bloody bottom 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Then they wonder why the game is losing fans! 🤬
Be careful Josie they will send the thought police round! They are simply a bunch of cretins.