Warrington v Wigan for Locker Cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Warrington v Wigan for Locker Cup

Post by Firestarter »

Ok im gonna be very very honest here now……. Best team won easily and we shudda won by more…… our furst try was slightly forward and our second try was slightly offside and possibly a knock on…… cant fault our lads really who showed desire and made me prouder than proud tonight……. Always hard playing against the worst away crowd in the league…… lets sing when were winning, lets boo every decision against us and then after a few bad weeks lets stop attending( pp fans of the highest order)……. Now for the important stuff…… we are under the cosh at the moment with injuries, but, we are so well disciplined and keep our shape so well…… every player gave his all tonight…… we played to out strengths and every forward turned up( including mago) ….. ive never been a fan of ellis but he has proved me wrong recently with epic performances……. My mom was isa who ran like his life depended on it( albeit off good inside passes from shorroks , the most improved player in super league)…..Im not sure what it is but peety seems to have them challenging high balls and keeping onside which has both punished us in the past…… bevan is bevan and is one classy defender…… both wingers are workhorses with that x factor to boot…… the centres are what we have needed for years…….. smith is class( regardless of the doubters, he ran the show again and showed george what a long kicking game is)…….all the pack were just awesome and my only whinge was dufty…… he was butchering the ref for every decision, you cant get away with it in Aus so dont do it over here……. Well proud lads keep it up
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:51 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
?
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

stop reacting
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:59 pmstop reacting
Not reacting just wondered why the laughing….. honest question
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:18 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:12 pm Team v Wakey (please don't lock me :) ) is a chance to get Marshy right, rest him for Thornley, get Nsemba and Hill in the 17.
Thornley is not a winger in a million years and I doubt Pete will put two young players in the 17 at once.
I agree Thornley isn’t a winger but Marshy has got an issue he needs to fix, he needs to learn how to tackle a player who cuts in field (on his right shoulder) he has been found wanting two weeks running .
Charriots Offiah

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:24 pm Big shout out for Miski . He certainly has fitted in well and making good metres out of defence.

EW
That is correct. Bevan moving from the wing has been a major difference, his yardage out of defence (from kicks) was poor. We have rectified that problem through injury to Field.
Charriots Offiah

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:12 pm No fault to be found really, good intensity and, again, credit to the coach for specific plans well executed.
Certainly took the legs out of Kasiano, Vaughan and McGuire.

Credit to the Wire backs, good efforts and made something out of a few scraps to keep them in the game.

MotM, has to be Smith but excellent efforts from Havard, Ellis, KPP and ONeil.

Just need a bit more fluency. we will need it going forward.

Team v Wakey (please don't lock me :) ) is a chance to get Marshy right, rest him for Thornley, get Nsemba and Hill in the 17.
Hill plays for me. Not sure that we need to risk playing both.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Good performance. We are in the mix this year.

The debate over the standard of RL in this country is a separate issue.
Charriots Offiah

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:27 pm
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:24 pm Big shout out for Miski . He certainly has fitted in well and making good metres out of defence.

EW
Outstanding again tonight. He’s gone from me hoping there was a chance of us moving him
On to get a forward in, to now hoping we extend him. He’s making the yardage of a couple of props at the minute, much the same as King.
We are following the Saints model, their forwards don’t make big yards, their backs do.

I need to add that the Saints model was pinched from Wane.
Last edited by Charriots Offiah on Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.