Wigan squad for Warrington / Tonight's Match v Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Tonight's Match v Warrington

Post by jobo »

Think Matt Peet has(is) solving the conundrum. French is adapting to the number 6 and Field is doing fine at fullback.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

NE-WW wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:12 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:40 pm
NE-WW wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:14 pm Truly pathetic defence from Byrne, awful start all round....

What on earth does Shorrocks and liam farrell offer to this team ?
:lol: if you can't see what Farrel offers and what shorrocks has offered this season you need a trip to specsavers.
All about options, I suppose...

But Farrel is a shadow of his former self and if you think Shorrocks is Wigan standard I suggest a trip to Specsavers ;)

KPP has been surprisingly brilliant
Living in the golden Era still?

We have a cap. Shorrock barely buts a foot wrong and has on multiple occasions put in match winning defensive efforts.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jobo wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:41 pm Think Matt Peet has(is) solving the conundrum. French is adapting to the number 6 and Field is doing fine at fullback.
While 1 good game is not a sign it's fixed....

You can't be correct as forum posters know better that the jobs for boys coaching team
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:45 pm
jobo wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:41 pm Think Matt Peet has(is) solving the conundrum. French is adapting to the number 6 and Field is doing fine at fullback.

You can't be correct as forum posters know better that the jobs for boys coaching team
French looked at times like a six. At other times not so much but overall, probably 75%. Think he'll grow a bit more into it as he's got the brains and with Wigan's coaching set up, the encouragement.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jobo wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:53 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:45 pm

French looked at times like a six. At other times not so much but overall, probably 75%. Think he'll grow a bit more into it as he's got the brains and with Wigan's coaching set up, the encouragement.
Good try assist in the first half but worry about the catch and pass being too obvious but that’s also a Wigan trait rather than French specific
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I only saw the second half but thought the defence was decent.
Still think we lack direction in attack, but shout out for Mago and KPP they made some good yards in their hit ups.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Oh yeah and how is that Chris Kendall a SL ref?!?
Some of the decisions he made were beyond a joke, that Vaughan one being the funniest.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Kendall is dreadful about as much use as elephant ears on a mouse
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well done wigan.A bit more like it after a very lethargic start.Field was my mom followed closely by smith.A great match that was ruined for 25-30 mins off terrible refereeing.Not gonna go into the terrible calls for both teams as its so obvious.Had to laugh how we got a pen for wire offside late on when they( like us) abused it most of the night.The man hasnt got a clue and pulling shorrocks for that forward pass was one of many wrong decisions as they got away with at least 4.KPP looked as if hes finally lost his nice guy thing and its now a pity hes leaving.I thought mago played one of his better games bar the defensive lapse.Faz is faz but hes definitely showing signs off ageing( pity).French was good but still no half.How do we drop miski ( who was awesome again).King looks like he knows hes going and doesnt like it which is sad and great to
Just see powells excuses about lack of players even though we have beaten them with players out 3 times.Good atmosphere and good win.I predicted win next 3 so its a great start
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

We looked poor for a good chunk of the first half, much, much better in the 2nd. Thought we looked better balanced with Field/French growing into the roles so Smith wasn't trying to do it all. Really good stints from KPP and Hill. Liked to have seen Nsemba have a longer run out. Kendall was making it up but was equally bad for both teams TBH.