Millward sacked - Post Here

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Millward sacked - Post...

Post by Fraggle »

sadact posted:
About time. He was never the right man for the Warriors and things went downhill the minute he took over.I just hope that sufficient thought is given to find his successor.
Don't worry, you're not a lone voice in having that opinion. I'm not sorry to see him go either, I never once got to the point of chanting his name and have been pretty unimpressed with his work at Wigan. I've said before that he was over-rated and took a decent team that was already built off Hanley at St Helens. I can pretend now that having his goldfish gob as coach of Wigan was all a bad nightmare...!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
bikerharry

Re: wigan sack Millward- Who's...

Post by bikerharry »

John Kear! You're having a laugh. Shaun McCrae made the hull side into real contenders and Kear has turned them into also rans at best. I agree, Lammy would be the man for the job, at least he has a passion for the game. Did anyone see him forgetting he wasn't playing and apealing to the ref about a decision, even when he was only carrying water on? I feel sorry for Millward, I think given more time he would have done the job for us. The players have to shoulder the burden for us languishing at the bottom of the league, there's just no team spirit. The warrington game when Calderwood got a crack from Briers, he stood up and was surrounded by warington players. How many wigan players came to his aid? None! Can you imagine, Faz, Cowie, O'Connor, Cassidy, Newton..... standing back and watching a team mate getting smacked? O'Loughlin is a fantastic player, but I honestly think the captains role is stiffling his game. Take that off him and give it to Tickle or Fletcher and let him go back to doing what he does best, ripping through defences and stopping players in their tracks. If we're going to replace Millward, which I think is the wrong decission, then at least replace him with a man who can inject some enthusiasm back into the side. Kear, been there, didn't work. Lammy For coach!!!!!!!! :exc:
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

Well Well I suppose time will tell if this is the right move or not. I don't proclaim to know what goes on behind the scenes at our famous club but what it does show is that whoever takes control will not be given the benefit of time! Either by the fans who have been on this site asking for todays decision or by the Wigan board itself. I dont think the timing is particularly great as Millward was unable in all his time at wigan, able to put out a full strength squad.

If this is the player power some have eluded to, then I would obviously agree he should go as a loss of respect when your the boss of a group of people is irreversable in my opinion. I just wish Ian well and thank him for his hard work, It was never going to be an easy job turning round the fortunes of our club.

Lets just hope that Maurice and his goones that run the club make the right decision on the new man.

standishcat

Post by standishcat »

When I first heard, I was shocked. Then now I'm not. I don't really know what to think!

On one hand, he is a quality coach. Just not with us. :conf:

But now I think maybe we can make some 'positive' changes and bring someone in who will reassess the Browns, Orrs and Vaealikis of the world!

Who knows. My head's all over the place. Where's Jimmy? I'd like him to tell me what to think lol. :D
superleague

Post by superleague »

i'm personally not sad to see him go because i didnt really like him but i think this could be the last nail in our coffin as to how this season goes.

its been interesting reading peoples views on player power and if this is the case they've got what they wanted and they better get their fingers out and start to play some proper rugby.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

i'm personally not sad to see him go because i didnt really like him but i think this could be the last nail in our coffin as to how this season goes.
That is my worry too. :conf: Although I didn't "like" him as such, I thought he'd be the one to turn things around. There's only 2 ways from here, up or down, and sadly I'm likely to put a bet on down.

I hope I'm proven wrong.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'm only sad to see him go in the sense that I don't believe sacking the coach is effective. For the same reason, I was against sacking (well, demoting, anyway) Betts.
Having said that, the new coach has one advantage...results can hardly get worse than they have been this season.
superleague

Post by superleague »

standishcat posted:
That is my worry too. :conf: Although I didn't "like" him as such, I thought he'd be the one to turn things around. There's only 2 ways from here, up or down, and sadly I'm likely to put a bet on down.

I hope I'm proven wrong.
yep we are in really deep **** now :(
shanks

Re: Millward sacked - Post Her...

Post by shanks »

i'm shocked, saddened, angry, glad, hopeful all at the same time.

anderson, farrell + lam

may sound drastic/ hopeful

Anderson coach
Farrell for passion
Lam to sort out our joke half back pairing
javascript:emoticon(':exc:')
Exclamation

yes i know its been a long time but i felt i had to get back in touch. :exc: :exc: :ejavascript:emoticon(':exc:')
Exclamationxc:
rugby league + Wigan = heaven
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Player power should be in the dressing room and before or after a game, on the pitch is were a player earns his professional title ! If these so called professionals act on the pitch and hurt the fans and the club then in my opinion they should all go ! Not a good idea but one from the heart ! :(
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing