WHICH 3 WOULD YOU DROP FOR MONDAY

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: WHICH 3 WOULD YOU DROP...

Post by cpwigan »

But when Calderwood returns 2 into 3 does not go so somebody has to play out of position. My thinking is simple. Next year Calderwood and Richards will be our wingers. Let's build some consistent team selections and that means Ashton at fullback, Calderwood/Richards on the wing. Dallas who will be retired in the problem centres. Play brett on the right wing, his real position untyil Calderwood returns and lets give Gleeson and Goulding a chance as our centres. If one or both fulfill their potential it frees us to look at the halfbacks
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
But when Calderwood returns 2 into 3 does not go so somebody has to play out of position. My thinking is simple. Next year Calderwood and Richards will be our wingers. Let's build some consistent team selections and that means Ashton at fullback, Calderwood/Richards on the wing. Dallas who will be retired in the problem centres. Play brett on the right wing, his real position untyil Calderwood returns and lets give Gleeson and Goulding a chance as our centres. If one or both fulfill their potential it frees us to look at the halfbacks
Errr...Dallas at centre and Brett on the wing? he's good, but not that good!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:D Geoff you old bugger, read carefully

Play Brett on the right wing until Calderwood returns. Playing Gleeson at right centre. When Calderwood is fit, Brett moves to centre

:D Maybe I worded it badly
steve_oh

Post by steve_oh »

These options for next year, which look ok, mean youre not contemplating the 'r' word this season then?
turf

Post by turf »

I don't think we can have these options next year, because Dallas is retiring.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
:D Geoff you old bugger, read carefully

Play Brett on the right wing until Calderwood returns. Playing Gleeson at right centre. When Calderwood is fit, Brett moves to centre

:D Maybe I worded it badly
Naah...it's me deliberately misinterpreting - my warped sense of humour again, I'm afraid!
I can see your point, but I suspect planning for next season may be somewhat premature! We'll probably have lost Dallas, Ashton & Richards to injury by tomorrow afternoon.
turf

Post by turf »

Don't make our injury crisis worse than it already is! We've already got one winger in Calderwood injured, we don't want Dallas on the sidelines as well!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

These options for next year, which look ok, mean youre not contemplating the 'r' word this season then?
I am not Steve. Do not get me wrong it is there but I think you have to be confident and look beyond it. If we keep thinking relegation then it may well happen. Let's be confident. Do you know when Andrew Johns practises his place kicking he never attempt difficult touchline efforts, he only goes for easy kicks. Why, because it builds his confidence rather than shattering it. I think our players are currently the opposite and are heaping pressure on themselves.
oval balls

Re: WHICH 3 WOULD YOU DROP FOR...

Post by oval balls »

FROM A TO B posted:
29 Chris Ashton
14 Kevin Brown
5 Brett Dallas
25 Sean Gleeson
18 Wayne Godwin
24 Darrell Goulding
16 Bryn Hargreaves
9 Mickey Higham
34 Jordan James

31 Tim Jonkers
7 Dennis Moran
33 Eamon O’Carroll
13 Sean O’Loughlin
6 Danny Orr
3 Pat Richards
17 Jerry Seuseu
22 Joel Tomkins
32 Oliver Wilkes
10 Iafeta Paleaaesina
15 Danny Tickle

Brown, Wilkes and Seu Seu
the 18 man squad for monday v harlequins is
Wigan 18-man squad: Ashton, Brown, Dallas, Gleeson, Godwin, Goulding, Hargreaves, Higham, James, Jonkers, Moran, O'Carroll, O'Loughlin, Orr, Richards, Wilkes, Paleaaesina, Tickle.

wigans turning blue- my arse

steve_oh

Post by steve_oh »

Dont get me wrong, I agree with you and i'm an optimist at heart - just wanted some reassurance i suppose !!
Lets get the injured/suspended props back and start climbing the league.