dennis moran is great

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: dennis moran is great

Post by ancientnloyal »

Ok, I went to watch the DaVinci Code, bought tickets 3 weeks ago. It was 1 match.. now..

all season ive missed 3 league games (catalans, hudds at home and castleford aay).

It was cup match and to me, i'd rather watch a film im interested in than watch wigan for one night. To be a true supporter you dont have to go to every match, home and away. people have lives!!!
now scholesblue, take a thought for disabled supporters, poor supporters or people who dont have the time to watch wigan. They all EQUALLY have a right to support wigan, and can show their support without going to a match. you dont have to stad on some terraces to prove you are loyal and true. I managed to find a radio whilst i was finishing my uni-work last night when i got home at 7pm.

you have fallen into my trap, why do you think i asked you that question? you have no right to question anybodys commitment to their support. I love wigan with all my heart (aawww) and it kills having them lose every match, thats life though.

I am a true supporter, since i was born (kind of), went to 6 out of 8 challenge cup wins at wembley when i was a kid, went every away game with my parents, featherstone, doncaster, barrow, u name it i probably went.

I chose not to watch Salford last night, big deal. The same can be said of every other wigan supporter who couldn't or didnt go to the match for any reason.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ancientnloyal posted:
i feel scholesblue is on the border-line of being a expatriot troll.
Well, he was a fully committed (committable?) Latics fan when he first appeared back in March, but his comments about "our" team perhaps suggest he's seen the light...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
scholesblue

Post by scholesblue »

badgay, pick your dummy up mate and as for loyalty yes I would question any supporter who says that the biggest cup is not important.
Wigan rugby fans are so flickly and only support a winning team as highlighted on here today, one can't be bothered anymore going to matches and only watches games at home cos he gets paid too, Also another sooner go watching pictures, which he could do anytime rather than a cup match SAD OR WHAT...
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

scholesblue posted:
Wigan rugby fans are so flickly and only support a winning team as highlighted on here today, one can't be bothered anymore going to matches and only watches games at home cos he gets paid too, Also another sooner go watching pictures, which he could do anytime rather than a cup match SAD OR WHAT...
Hmm, very "fickly" (sic) given the size of our crowds this season. Perhaps you can explain why our attendances remain so high when the team is so low in the table, if Wigan fans are fickle and only go to watch winning teams? We've not won anything for several years, yet keep selling more and more season tickets.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I like going to opening nights of big films... davinci code, stars wars, mission impossible (in kwo...) etc... full auditorium, you can beat it. for a film that only premiers once, with a full audience, you can do that anytime.

Im afraid i'd have to change my name to 'Ancientn' now.

as for wigans situation, the challenge cup is the least of wigans worries, our main priority is super league. the challenge cup, although a possible confidence booster, is too much of a distraction. i'd rather pay £30 watching wigan play for 2 points than watching them in the cup in this current situation.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

yes, i could only mae the 4.45 showing due to fiance and uni commitments, would have missed salford match anyways. At least we both made an attempt last night to discuss the match Live at home on the radio... but unfortunately that wasnt good enough, we should have been there!!! not

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
scholesblue

Post by scholesblue »

Like I said just can't get my head around the fact that fans don't go watching their team home and away,especially as it's only 20 minutes down the road.
As for the crowds fraggle we all know that the gates recorded are different to the true figures due to salary caps.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

scholesblue posted:
As for the crowds fraggle we all know that the gates recorded are different to the true figures due to salary caps.
Eh? Since we don't "all" know, perhaps you'd care to enlighten me as to what connection there is between the crowd and the salary cap and why one affects the others?

[hr]
scholesblue

Post by scholesblue »

well badboy your not a follower cos you don't go SIMPLE
Salary caps is worked out against a percentage of money that the club brings in, hence why lots of players are paid for their partners working for the club or JJB, oops sorry that's illegal to do this so not true HONEST.
How did they manage to squeeze over 25 1/2 thousand in for st helens game when you could clearly see lots of empty seats and stadium only held 25,000 at that time ?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

scholesblue posted:
Salary caps is worked out against a percentage of money that the club brings in, hence why lots of players are paid for their partners working for the club or JJB, oops sorry that's illegal to do this so not true HONEST.
Perhaps you can provide some evidence to support your latter claim, and the club's income comes from many other sources apart from ticket sales. Our ticket sales alone cover us for the salaries, and when you add in commercial sponsorship and Mr Whelan's wallet we are bringing in far more than the £3.5m required to get full advantage of the salary cap.
How did they manage to squeeze over 25 1/2 thousand in for st helens game when you could clearly see lots of empty seats and stadium only held 25,000 at that time ?
I don't recall anyone claiming "over 25 1/2 thousand" for that game, the official figure was 25004. From the club's website http://www.wiganwarriors.com/MidContent.asp?cid=134:-
Wigan RLFC website wrote:
Highest Super League attendance (also Super League record crowd):-:-
Highest attendance: 25,004 vs St Helens , 25 March 2005
But surely as a WRLFC fan, you already know this...?

[hr]