Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Re: Fielden

Post by ChrisA »

This is another link from Sporting Life, Bradford have confirmed they have released him from his contract.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... Wigan.html
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

was on five live's 12 o'clock news oh YES
lyonp

Post by lyonp »

There's a headline on the Sky Sports website that says'Fielden Seals Shock move to Wigan' but the story is currently unavailable.

Will he have signed in time to be in the squad for Friday?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

warrior170272 posted:
if he has come who has gone for him 20 /20 full with any luck brown
I suspect we may have still had a 20/20 slot open. Moran gave way to Dobon, Rads isn't getting paid, and we only started the year with 19 players if the squad numbers are any indication, with Danny Sculthorpe having gone elsewhere (maybe now a permanent move with Fielden's arrival, listening to a bit of an interview with his brother on GMR last week I think Danny wants to stay at Cas), and of the other players who have come in, only McAvoy might be a 20/20 player. By my count we had one slot still open.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

[
If they get a black cab they would have room for Deaks and Hape (spelling?)or even a mini bus and pick up McGuire and Burrows, Don't you just love these reliable sources.[/quote][quote]Dawber posted:
Well,personally speaking I love my reliable source.Less of the sarcasm next time eh!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

On BBC website it says he asked to be released from the last 18 months of his contract and that he is expected to BE IN THE SQUAD FOR FRIDAY'S GAME AGAINST WARRINGTON. :) I don't know how we have got round the salary cap. Maybe give him a huge signing on fee and then start paying him his proper salary from next season. There has definately been some "whelan and dealing" going on. Sorry couldn't resist that one. I think we might have the edgeo n Wire now for tomorrow. Their 17 man squad is on the BBC and it doesn't look anything special, Fa'afili and both Gleeson brothers out. Now we just need to close Briers down and we might sneak a win.

Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

This appears to be a terrific signing.

Hopefully Fielden can reproduce the performances we have all become accustomed to and drag the rest of the lacklustre front row up by the bootlaces and go some way to saving the season.

Congratulations to all concerned at the club in the capture of a TRUE RL superstar.
Bear

Post by Bear »

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :D :eusa2: :eusa3:

Reminder - please don't not make your lines too long, it affects the screen displays. Thanks, Fraggle
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

So Wigan Watcher, what do you think to this signing?

I am going to misquote you a bit now from anothe rthread for a bit of fun:
What a great signing this guy would be for us. He has every quality both the club and some fans want at the club and even praise, he would easily fit in to our star studded team.
Seems to fit the bill so far...
First of all his track record is he has been voted the best player in the world.
Not been voted the best player in the world yet, but considered one of the best props...
He has won many major honours.

He has won the world cup.
Well it was the World Club championship but it will do.
Everyone says he is a great player.
They do don't they!
Reality: He has done all this in the PAST and now as had his day, he WAS a good player only two minutes ago but not anymore but some people still think he is world class.

But as people keep saying about players who have done it all they must be good.
So WW, is Fielden a good player and good signing, based on his past repuation of course?

Dave
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

DaveO posted:
So Wigan Watcher, what do you think to this signing?

I am going to misquote you a bit now from anothe rthread for a bit of fun:
What a great signing this guy would be for us. He has every quality both the club and some fans want at the club and even praise, he would easily fit in to our star studded team.
Seems to fit the bill so far...
First of all his track record is he has been voted the best player in the world.
Not been voted the best player in the world yet, but considered one of the best props...
He has won many major honours.

He has won the world cup.
Well it was the World Club championship but it will do.
Everyone says he is a great player.
They do don't they!
Reality: He has done all this in the PAST and now as had his day, he WAS a good player only two minutes ago but not anymore but some people still think he is world class.

But as people keep saying about players who have done it all they must be good.
So WW, is Fielden a good player and good signing, based on his past repuation of course?

Dave

Thanks for the total misquote but its good.

This guy is a very good player who can only help our cause, he is not as good as people make out in my opinion but he is good.

Will he make a difference?

Of course he will, but we also need try scorers people with flair let us not forget that, but again he’s a great signing for us and we must start now to rebuild and get rid of the so called good players, this will take time to do. I see this signing as a good one, a corner stone that we can build a team on.

Will we stop up now?

100% NO!!!!!!