Brett Hogdson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: Brett Hogdson

Post by GeoffN »

lancaster077 posted:
I know i mentioned El Masri and he is old but hes 20 times better than Hodgeson.Thats why i mentioned him in the first place hes a better prospect and i think hes out of contract and didnt he reprisent in the state of origin and test side this year?.
contracted till 2009
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

GeoffN posted:
lancaster077 posted:
I know i mentioned El Masri and he is old but hes 20 times better than Hodgeson.Thats why i mentioned him in the first place hes a better prospect and i think hes out of contract and didnt he reprisent in the state of origin and test side this year?.
contracted till 2009
That's the bottom line, I'm afraid.

As has already been said, unless their clubs are willing, these guys are not going anywhere. Even big transfer fees won't necessarily change their minds, as the sort of players we're talking about here are players of key importance. If someone came in with a massive offer for Barrett, would we even contemplate it? The answer would have to be 'no'.

The Fielden transfer was an extremely rare occurrence. We've seen nothing else like it for several years, and the unique circumstances that led to it happening have already been outlined.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

lancaster077 posted:
Fielden was still under contract, still got him though.So whats the difference, all of a sudden you cant go for players just because there under contract because a fee is involved, defer the payment then pay it when the franchise comes into play or pay by instalments.

It will show our ambition id sooner keep Richards at full back and bring on a youngster than have Hodgeson.

Warrington and Huddersfield are threatening to overtake Wigan with there signings, Stains Hull,Bradford,and Leeds already have overtaken us so were do we draw the line with old Aussies or has the Wigan fans resigned to the fact were crap and always will be crap.
Another problem, I have already pointed upon (in another thread), is that Managers/club's realise Wigan's desperation for new blood, instantly their worth is increased pro-rata. We (as usual), pay over the odds, for a handful of players, limiting our buying potential on the Salary Cap.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey posted:

Another problem, I have already pointed upon (in another thread), is that Managers/club's realise Wigan's desperation for new blood, instantly their worth is increased pro-rata. We (as usual), pay over the odds, for a handful of players, limiting our buying potential on the Salary Cap.
Evidence?

We have not signed anyone for next season yet and so far King has gone to Wire for a supposedly massive wage which Wigan were not prepared to match (and they have had to release three players to accommodate their signings).

Earlier in the season Ryles tried to auction himself around SL clubs and in one of the few statements Wigam have made about potential signings they said he priced himself out of the market.

So Wigan have passed up on the opportunity to sign two of the biggest names around as they were too expensive. This is what you would want, yes?

On the other hand this new unwillingness to fund high salaries for star players will probably mean we will have people complaining all we sign are Salford and Wire cast-offs.

If you want to see star players at Wigan you have to be prepared to pay them a high wage and make economies elsewhere in the squad (e.g. including young players in the first choice 17)

Dave
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:

And thus releasing players from so called contracts with our good offer of a wage.

You pay well, all be it have a small squad or defer payments for franchise, You have a settled side mixed with youth and expericance and it shows our ambition because the old, we cant get that player or this player because hes under contract is horse especially when players are touting themselves around Super League.

The best hooker in the world is at Hull next year and he had 1 year left on his contract so whats the score there?
pedro

Post by pedro »

Cameron Smith?
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

Danny buderus

Hull paid him bags of cash i would of thought for him to come to hull and probably paid the rest of his contract out.
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
pedro

Post by pedro »

Think he meant Berrigan.

Smith has outplayed Bederus eevry time they ahve played.

Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

it is berrigan my bad
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Bederus,Berrigan,Smith it doesnt really matter all 3 are world class and would be awsome for Wigan but i was reffering to Berrigan.

Its funny that 3 of us have named 3 world class players in the same position :lol: :lol:

And Wigan are interested in........ none. :conf: