Hull KR sign Chev Walker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

Re: Hull KR sign Chev Walk...

Post by - psycho - »

i bet if we'd gone for mckenna, doncaster would have beaten us :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

- psycho - posted:
i bet if we'd gone for mckenna, doncaster would have beaten us :lol:
McKenna just the sort of youngster we like on our o/s rosta. :wink:
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Look on the bright side we have Goulding and hes quality and i belive given another year with his defence tightened up he will be world class.

Sod Walker obviously another money grabber that Wigan doesnt need let Hull KR foot the bill . :lol: :lol:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

A few of us stand corrected.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Too right!! :blush:
emperor kel

Post by emperor kel »

this is really disappointing, we do not have a strong squad and we cannot rely on the young players.
Walker was a good rl centre and combined well with Calderwood in the past but even so he is not the greatest.
It could be that Wigan are not bothered about next season, there is no relegation and they may be taking the oppotunity of sorting out the salary cap once and for all, getting rid of the overpriced players or letting their contracts expire and then putting in a big push for 2009 with more experienced youngsters and newer hard working players.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Kel I dont think Wigan 'wont be bothered' next season. The new owner would very much like to make Wigan great again and get the Wigan fans in a appy mood...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

For me, this is less about the standard of player we would all like to see at Wigan and more the fact we don't seem to be able to attract anyone at the moment (Coley aside).

It is widely accepted that Walker was on Nobby's list of intended purchases, however he has been poached by arguably a lesser team.

This is of significant concern given the cuurrent movements in the market, our apparent lack of "pull" and our own dwindling squad for next year.

To my mind we still need at least another prop, a recognised full back and a quality centre as a minimum and I just can't see where they are coming from at the moment.... :conf:
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."

bertina

Post by bertina »

WxmWarrior posted:
For me, this is less about the standard of player we would all like to see at Wigan and more the fact we don't seem to be able to attract anyone at the moment (Coley aside).

It is widely accepted that Walker was on Nobby's list of intended purchases, however he has been poached by arguably a lesser team.

This is of significant concern given the cuurrent movements in the market, our apparent lack of "pull" and our own dwindling squad for next year.

To my mind we still need at least another prop, a recognised full back and a quality centre as a minimum and I just can't see where they are coming from at the moment.... :conf:
I agree our lack of activity in the signings department is concerning, and I don't think anyone will disagree with you regarding the three positions we need good quality cover for, but maybe in the past our "pulling power" was down to us being prepared to pay top dollar for mediocre players.
God knows we've had enough examples of it.