take over completed!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Re: take over offical!!

Post by mike binder »

come on he could be right the rfl would try anything to do us
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

mike binder posted:
come on he could be right the rfl would try anything to do us
You really feel it would have been allowed to get this far? It's not exactly been a secret.

Yet another flimsy attempt to make bright day dull.
smudge273

Post by smudge273 »

So its Wigan V London last game of the season Wigan need to win to make the playoffs !!! Do you think we would loose !! I personally think we need to be whiter than white.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I've got to say i was really impressed with his interview on the wep website.

He comes across as a very clever bloke and a guy who really cares about the club. He wants to be hands on which is a good sign as i'd be abit worried if somebody was prepared to pay alot of money for a club then have nothing to do with it.

He now needs to work with Noble on gettting a couple of players in(don't think we need as many as 4/5 like some people mention) and hopefully theye will be of the right calibre.

Another good point i read about him is that he a mathmatics expert which is no bad thing trying to work our books out :)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As someone who got the full benefit of ML Era 1 I will never bag him BUT I was glad he decided to retire. Age/health had caught up with him.

We have stability in the coaching position, our key playmaker and the ground/training facilities.
Bear

Post by Bear »

NICKYKISS posted:

Another good point i read about him is that he a mathmatics expert which is no bad thing trying to work our books out :)
Thank the lord!!!! :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

From the interview it sounded like he will hand Harlequins over and he will be in charge at Wigan.

Many NRL clubs are owned in part by News ... (Murdoch)
Bear

Post by Bear »

I hope he does cp. I too would rather have a chairman who concentrates on just the one club. Then he can put more time into wigan. He wont be switching between clubs aswell
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
Do you want a new coach and a new ground? Presumably not, so why include them in your laundry list of disdain?
I was pointing out very little has changed today from what it would have been had DW not sold up. That is we have the same coach, same ground etc etc. I thought that was obvious and perhaps it is if you don't take things out of context.
An inexperienced CEO, granted. But you don't know how Lenagan's companies work, so you're not in a position to comment.
And neither are you when you say things like: "No decision will be made without his say-so. ". I was responding to a comment YOU made about how Lenegan will do things so saying I am not in a position to comment is a bit rich.

I see little to get excited about when all that has really happened is an announcement that the club will change hands on 1st Dec.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I started managing a new establishment on Sept 1st (Officially). In truth I began doing so in June.