Higham Knew Nothing About the Netwon Thing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: Higham Knew Nothing Ab...

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO posted:

Out of interest what sort of wage do you think he is worth?
I would think 60 or 70 grand .
A lot of the players deserve more for professional sportsmen but then thats the cap issue again .
It doesn't look good does it.

Dave
On that we agree :blush: :conf:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
phibes

Post by phibes »

Glynola posted:
I am surprised that Leneghan did not make any mention of Higham in the rebuttal.

So I don't think this one is over yet by any means....

Agreed.

The specific claim by them and the vague denial from us tells its own story
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: I do not understand why IL has not acted on what he clearly identified pre takeover. We do not want unrest at Wigan RLFC, we want to treat our players, supporters, anybody connected with the club properly. We want our headlines being made from what we do on the pitch not off it.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Is it really that important? Im sure behind the scenes Higham knows what has happened and has spoken with Lenny and Noble... it's sorted - its fine?!!

We take Bradford's story, we take Wigan's... contradictions around we dont know what to believe only speculate.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Unfortunately it is that important.

IL is in a position where he will be judged and he needs to build a positive reputation amongst supporters of Wigan RLFC. Prior to this and remember he is enjoying the 'honeymoon' period he was heavily praised. From this debacle he will be viewed negatively. This is a black mark against him. One hopes it will be the first and last.

Let's be honest who do we believe? We know Noble likes/rates Newton higher than Higham. Bradford chairman/coach/player came out and stated that Wigan had attempted to sign Newton. Nobody denied this until later IL gave a half hearted denial. A denial that Mickey Higham does not believe. A denial that neither Nobby or Lydon have backed.

Ancient and LOYAL :conf:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

cpwigan posted:

Let's be honest who do we believe?
Not totally sure , these things must happen how many times does a club come out and not just state Newtons going nowhere ! but name the club involved and also the player who as been offered ?
We know Noble likes/rates Newton higher than Higham.
Agree and so it would seem do Bradford .
Bradford chairman/coach/player came out and stated that Wigan had attempted to sign Newton. Nobody denied this until later IL gave a half hearted denial.
IL as come out and said it didn't happen . Why have Bradford not replied and called him a lier ?Bradford have been on a publicity drive since the end of last season publicly naming teams they have beaten to signings . Newton could have been told he as to honor his contract and has only had Macamnara version of events .
A denial that Mickey Higham does not believe. A denial that neither Nobby or Lydon have backed.
Micky said he would have clear the air talks before IL statement we do not know the outcome of this or Nobby's and Lydons views, surely both new of any inquiry and in Nobby's case he may have instigated it , if it ever happened .
Even with all this said I would wish to ear IL come out and either slam Bradford for this and some public reassurance to Micky would not go amiss either.

I expect both clubs are sulking as neither have come out of this well , both will probably hope it blows over .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
num lock

Post by num lock »

Why are so many people more than happy to believe the worst about the management at Wigan?
Everyone has added their own little twist to the debate,until it ends up we're talking about players wages again!
As previously stated,Bradford have been all over the press boasting about something and nothing,bragging about which clubs they have beaten to some young lads signature.
IL has enquired about the availability of several players,from several clubs,(funny how it's only the enquiry at Bradford that gets made public).
Am I correct in thinking that Higham's contract is up at the end of the season?
Why wouldn't the chairman be finding out about possible replacements?
I know in the recent past we have come to expect a certain amount of cloak and dagger stuff from the board,but that was then,this is now.
Let's give IL the benefit of the doubt,why don't we start believing our men for a change?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

num lock posted:
If that were the case, he wouldn't be offering Higham as part of the deal, as Bradford allege. Higham would be off-contract and Wigan would not be able to use him in any kind of deal. If this were true, it can only be for a deal whilst Higham is still contracted to Wigan, ie. for this season, not next.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
num lock

Post by num lock »

Fraggle posted:
num lock posted:
If that were the case, he wouldn't be offering Higham as part of the deal, as Bradford allege. Higham would be off-contract and Wigan would not be able to use him in any kind of deal. If this were true, it can only be for a deal whilst Higham is still contracted to Wigan, ie. for this season, not next.
Who says Higham has been offered ?
Bradford ,thats who.
Like I said before,why don't we give our people
the benefit of the doubt for a change.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

num lock posted:
Who says Higham has been offered ?
Bradford ,thats who.
Like I said before,why don't we give our people
the benefit of the doubt for a change.
The reason why I don't currently give them the benefit of the doubt is IL has simply not mentioned Higham's name at all in his rebuttal.

This could be for several reasons. It could be simply he thinks saying we did not make the offer will be taken to mean we didn't offer Higham.

Or it could be he is being very careful with his choice of words and can't go as far as saying he didn't offer Higham as part of a deal.

Either way I think it is a valid criticism of IL that he has not given Higham a public vote of confidence.

Higham is a Wigan player for this season and it does not make sense to upset him, costs nothing to give him a bit of backing publicly and the fact he is off-contract or not Nobby's favourite compared to Newton is just not relevant to any of that.

I also find it strange IL enquired about Newton at all unless it really was in order to make a bid. Newton is 29 so IMO it is now or never if he is to come back to Wigan so for that reason I suspect any enquiry was to see if he was available for transfer.

If any verbal enquiry (including offering Higham) was made about that but no written offer put on the table because Bradford said no outright, then that would allow IL to say no offer was made. However it would also allow Bradford to say what they have said. I suspect this is the case.

What IL could not do if the above were true is go as far as saying Higham was not mentioned as part of any deal because if he did that would be to confrontational.

So I agree with whoever said the clubs want this to blow over. Bradford will be happy to let IL say no offer was made and IL won't go further than that in his rebuttal. Both clubs are technically correct in what they say.

However if I am right with all that (and even if I am not!) that still leaves us with IL not giving Higham any public backing and until he does that isn't good management IMO and the suspicion remains he was offered to Bradford behind his back.

If IL comes out and says we made no offer for Newton and Higham was not offered to Bradford as part of that or any other deal I will be quite happy to believe the Wigan version.

Dave