Anyone Fancy Starting A Petition For Us TO Keep Micky Higham?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Anyone Fancy Starting A Pe...

Post by butt monkey »

Lil Feka's Dad wrote:
butt monkey wrote: I could be facetious and say....

Ritchie Mathers is the best full back at Wigan, Colbon with his 11 trys is also a proven try scorer at Wigan, that Vaealiki was a great centre in his last 4/5 matches for Wigan, Shem Tatupu looked vey nice in his kit for Wigan etc etc etc. Just because he is the best at the moment in a very inconsistent and at times poor team, does not mean that Wigan should not look for better if it is available - which in Riddell's case, the club obviously hopes it has, in an effort to remove the inconsistencies and at times pathetic play from the team.
Go on…be facetious…I can take it!

The point of the discussion is not regarding the wisdom of bringing a new hooker into the squad. I think we’re agreed that we both welcome a new addition to the squad. The difference in opinion arises from the fact that I would prefer to keep Higham as I believe he has more to offer than McIllorum, whereas you appear to favour releasing Higham.

I still believe that Higham is a better player than McIllorum

I wont argue that Higham at the moment is better than McIlorrum - although that is like saying Colbon is currently better than Brett Dallas! :eh: Just that, despite being "better" than a player who has not shown his intended "promise" so far, Wigan can, and have found a (in their mind) a better hooker than Higham.

Sometimes I wonder at the "naivety" of some. Higham and his agent proceeded with alternative employment at a new club, the instant Mark Riddell was signed - he (and his agent) where not stupid enough to wait to the last minute and have "fixed" him up with a new club. Despite reports to the media to the contrary - this is for the fan's consumption. And continues the "hard done to Higham" position that is reflected on this board and in the local media.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Lil Feka's Dad

Post by Lil Feka's Dad »

cherry.pie wrote:Would you be happy if the club released McIlorum is they needed room on the cap to keep Higham?
If the choice is between Higham or McIllorum, yes.

cherry.pie wrote:I know Higham has been much better this season, but considering McIlorum's only 20/21? then Higham should be doing better.
Better than McIllorum or better than Higham in previous seasons? Either way I believe we play better when Higham is on the pitch, and given a choice between the two I favour Higham.

cherry.pie wrote:McIlorum has time on his side, and could become a very good player, while Higham is good, but probably expensive on the cap.
At 27 I hardly regard Higham as over the hill with his best years behind him. In your words – Higham is good, McIllorum could become a good player. I disagree with the logic behind releasing a good player (who could still improve) in favour of someone who may become a good player.

cherry.pie wrote:I'd agree with keeping Higham, but not if it meant getting rid of McIlorum. It would just become another example of letting a young player go and then realising their potential.
This is yet another example of how the salary cap (supposedly enforced to protect the future of the game) inhibits the development of young players. But that is another discussion entirely.

Lil Feka's Dad

Post by Lil Feka's Dad »

butt monkey wrote:I wont argue that Higham at the moment is better than McIlorrum
Phew..thanks.
butt monkey wrote: - although that is like saying Colbon is currently better than Brett Dallas!
Not sure I understand the analogy…I’m comparing 2 players in the same squad, same era. You suggest comparing 2 players, one of which is retired?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Lil Feka's Dad wrote:
butt monkey wrote:I wont argue that Higham at the moment is better than McIlorrum
Phew..thanks.
butt monkey wrote: - although that is like saying Colbon is currently better than Brett Dallas!
Not sure I understand the analogy…I’m comparing 2 players in the same squad, same era. You suggest comparing 2 players, one of which is retired?
Exactly! The whole thread is pointless! :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Loan him out as he will still be our player....not hard really did it with Joel Tomkins. I dont want to see him leave as I think he will become a very good player, at the monet though I see us better with 2 good hookers and when either leave MM should be ready and step up.

Thats not hard to grasp is it?
steve_oh

Post by steve_oh »

sorry, hes already signed for wire
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

It is now!

Noble admitted tonight on Sky that Higham won't be here next season.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
mark webster?

Post by mark webster? »

Exactly! The whole thread is pointless!

the whole thread wouldn't be pointless if all you lot would keep to the forum title and not comparing brett dallas to liam bloody colbon!

it were about higham and starting a petition, people started putting their veiws in which was not about the thread, the thread was about a petition YAY OR NAY, so your all in the wrong apart from a select few, fools!
Can't whack a good pint.