Catalans 40 -v- WIGAN 24

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Catalans 40 -v- WIGAN 24

Post by pedro »

Push and kick is a sweep
turf

Re: Catalans -v- WIGAN: Match Thread

Post by turf »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
turf wrote:
robjoenz wrote:Was Richards tackled in the air? No.
Did he make a play for Richard's head? No.
Did he make contact with the head with his body/arms? Yes.
Did he put any undue pressure on his head? No.

Should it have been penalised? Debatable.
I'd have answered yes to the questions in bold. Sorry to disagree with you robjoenz. Although having said that I would move "debatable" up to the tackled in the air question.

If someone jumps 4 foot in the air with both feet off the it is a high tackle and should be penalised by the referee every time end of.
Turf, i have to say your trying pick the bones over benthams performance and quite frankly your pissing in the wind.
What ensued after the drop out was shear lack of willingness to defend, the only argument you can have from wigans point of view is the amount of defending they had to do, but again we handed the ball over to cheaply and defended lazily.

Looking at Benthams efforts is an aside to a Woefully inept Wigan performance and you should not lose sight of that fact
I am not. Every onoe is entitled to an opinion. What's your expression (pi**ing in the wind) supposed to mean????
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Turf you must know what p*ssing against the wind means - it means blaming the ref for Wigans flaws is a futile effort and just gets you p*ss on your cheeks!

turf

Post by turf »

weststand-rich wrote:Turf you must know what p*ssing against the wind means
No. I haven't heard of the expression before. I am not blaming Bentham, I am just stating that he didn't have an impressive game.
turf

Post by turf »

I have just said, I am not blaming Bentham, I am just stating that he didn't have an impressive game
turf

Post by turf »

Exactly.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

turf wrote:Exactly.
I don't think the refs performance was anything like the last time he did us, but in the balance of fairness, Benthams number one blunder tonight was his 'penalty' against Ainscough for his completed tackle. If Catalan had scored off that set, it would have been a travesty.

Hey-ho. It's going to be a long year. we've always got 2006 as our low benchmark for comparisons.
turf

Post by turf »

weststand-rich wrote:
turf wrote:Exactly.
I don't think the refs performance was anything like the last time he did us, but in the balance of fairness, Benthams number one blunder tonight was his 'penalty' against Ainscough for his completed tackle. If Catalan had scored off that set, it would have been a travesty.

Hey-ho. It's going to be a long year. we've always got 2006 as our low benchmark for comparisons.
That was a shocker I think from Bentham. Ainscough looked gutted when he gave that penalty against him.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

weststand-rich wrote:...but in the balance of fairness, Benthams number one blunder tonight was his 'penalty' against Ainscough for his completed tackle. If Catalan had scored off that set, it would have been a travesty.
He stopped moving and ref shouted held.
turf

Post by turf »

I don't think his ball carrying arm hit the deck though? Or did Bentham shout "held" too early? I.e, before Ainscough's arm touched the ground, therefore Bentham penalised him because Bentham himself had shouted "held" too early.