Ainscough & Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Re: Ainscough & Tompkins

Post by turf »

jaws1 wrote:
turf wrote:"Younger players" jaws1 you mean the likes of Ainscough + Tomkins?
+Mossopp ,Farrell and a few others Joel TOmkins only had game time because Lockers was injured .
Yes. I forgot about that!!!! :) :) :)
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

jaws1 wrote:The golden opportunity was missed last year with no relegation Noble should have given the younger players more game time they would have been better players now.
Totally agree, I made this point in another thread - the problem is they become part of the salary cap when they play and I'm not so sure we had that much money last year.

Unfortunately though like most of my posts this week between here and RLFans I managed to kill the conversation for some reason.

Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

RJ

Post by RJ »

turf wrote:
ashtonned wrote:I can see Ainscough and Tomkins being dropped anytime now by Noble. He needs new scapegoats and these will never be older players that deserve to be dropped, players like Bailey, but will always be the younger players.

That said Ainscough and Tomkins are begining to tread the same path with some fans that the likes of Ashton and Goulding did. They were seen as world beaters and superstars initially with their performances blown out of all proportion. This was partly because they were 19 year olds just starting out and in truth these performances although decent/good were no where as good as some were making out. However now the shine is begining to fade and the same fans want them dropped for playing much the same as they were initially.
It'll be a huge call if he does drop either of them, considering how well they have done?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

jaws1 wrote:If he drops Ainscough and Tomkins this week i will never watch Wigan again until Noble goes there are more players who warrant being dropped before them.For me this will be the final nail in the coffin as i have been fed up with the garbage that is being dished up week in week out .Watched Wigan home and away for 55 years this will be it for me.

Thats it guys sticking by my word it was a disgrace to drop Ainscough and demote Sam Tomkins to the bench for Phelps and Smith your having a laugh Mr Noble.
Warrior10

Post by Warrior10 »

jaws1 wrote:
jaws1 wrote:If he drops Ainscough and Tomkins this week i will never watch Wigan again until Noble goes there are more players who warrant being dropped before them.For me this will be the final nail in the coffin as i have been fed up with the garbage that is being dished up week in week out .Watched Wigan home and away for 55 years this will be it for me.

Thats it guys sticking by my word it was a disgrace to drop Ainscough and demote Sam Tomkins to the bench for Phelps and Smith your having a laugh Mr Noble.
You have got to remember, these two are still young lads and after the grilling easter period i think nobby was right to drop them. People will start complaining if we burn these two out such as the likes of brown, robinson etc
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You cannot use burn out as a reason with wingers.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

cpwigan wrote:You cannot use burn out as a reason with wingers.
Edwards ,Jason Robinson,Radlinski etc started as young lads on the wing and were never dropped.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exactly Jaws. To be honest I do not think burn out is an issue with either Ainscough or Tomkins.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Just a sick joke this one, how can you drop a winger who has been our most dangerous player and is top try scorer in the SL, Richards is solid at full back while unspectacular in my oppinion but if you wanted Phelps in the middle why not play him 6 leave Pat at te back Ainscough on wing and play lulu at 9 it has to be worth a go.
What did we find out about Tim Smith in this game that would make playing him against a better team not a risk? Sam as proved he is so much better defensivley and just as good with ball in hand.
I do like the idea of Lulu Phelps and Sam in the middle on a couple of occasions today Richards could have gone down the line but did not back himself, Ainscough would of at least tried it.
Sam and Phelps back up play is very good apart from that the game was a waste of a very nice day.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

How in heavens name can Brian Noble drop the two young lads against the worst side in super league.I am all for resting them(particularly Sam)on occasions but this action beggars belief,i just fail to see what benefit the club or the players themselves can take from this.