Gleeson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
gpartin

Re: Gleeson

Post by gpartin »

Can't see Gleeson going for unfair dismissal if the club know what we know he hasn't got a leg to stand on.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

THE 18th Man wrote:there's no way he can claim for unfair dismissal. he would be laughed out of the courts
I would suggest that the very thought of appearing in court, any court, would be enough to bring him out in a cold sweat!

Having refused to give evidence against his 'blackmailers', I reckon the investigation now surrounds what exactly he was being blackmailed about!
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

So if it is all true that's he's been sacked (which I'm sure it is), who could we realistically sign if that's what the club wants to do. I'm not very clued up on NRL players who may be available. Any ideas?
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
wigan4eva

Post by wigan4eva »

Mark Gasnier was seen after the wcc game last week talking to lenegan, any truth in that??
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Kiwiseddon wrote:So if it is all true that's he's been sacked (which I'm sure it is), who could we realistically sign if that's what the club wants to do. I'm not very clued up on NRL players who may be available. Any ideas?
We have Stefan Marsh & Josh Charnley. Why go down under when wehave talented youngsters?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Genius1678

Post by Genius1678 »

Well Said. We have very promising talent coming through, whilst talent in local areas are also a good option to take. No need to go outside of town to get talent :roll:
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I would like to see the youngsters given a chance, however I believe Michael Jennings is out of contract at Penrith at the end of this season.
I wouldn't be too unhappy if we announced we had signed him. The Aussies have described him as "the best prospect since Brad Fittler", and he's still only 22. We can dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IVJ89Bx ... re=related
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

THE 18th Man wrote:there's no way he can claim for unfair dismissal. he would be laughed out of the courts
It's still not known what has happened to him. If he has been released by the club then it would have to be because he is in breach of contract or else he could claim unfair dismissal. As it is he may have been suspended. For all the claims on this forum very few people are in the know and I don't think any are posting on here.
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

if you can think of another reason why Wigan born Martin Gleeson would seemingly be released from the club other than disciplinary bearing in mind he apparently turned up at a RL event last year in a state i would love to hear it
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:So if it is all true that's he's been sacked (which I'm sure it is), who could we realistically sign if that's what the club wants to do. I'm not very clued up on NRL players who may be available. Any ideas?
We have Stefan Marsh & Josh Charnley. Why go down under when wehave talented youngsters?
I wasn't suggesting that we ought to buy from down under it was just whether it was an option and if so who was available. Personally I'd be happy to give Charnley a chance. Marsh is a good Player but I'm not convinced that he's ready yet.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."