FORGET SILVERWARE THIS YEAR!!!!!! - Waste of space!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: FORGET SILVERWARE THIS YEAR!!!!!! - Waste of space!!!!!!

Post by Panchitta Marra »

jackoh wrote:Winky before you start writing examples off of poor play , please remember we went and saw the uninterested display from a Wigan team we spent well over a thousand pounds to go and watch a team that weren t up to it .

Before you start rubbishing comments respect the people who went and saw what was a poor display .
I never saw the game Jackoh, so cant comment too much.
How much of our poor play was self inflicted, and how much was down to how well Catalans prevented us from playing.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Sorry Jackoh but that is unfair. I admire the fact that you shelled out so much to follow the team but that doesn't mean your opinion is more valid. Dean was there as well and his views appear at odds with yours!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Our only problem was going forward in attack. Both sets of defence were amazing for 80 minutes high-tempo. It was a pure rugby game in a sense not doom and gloom. Catalans are set up very well in all departments and shifted across well.

Didn't help with Sam limping for 20 minutes at the end.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:Sorry Jackoh but that is unfair. I admire the fact that you shelled out so much to follow the team but that doesn't mean your opinion is more valid. Dean was there as well and his views appear at odds with yours!
What was unfair about them?
Two conflicting opinions by 2 fans who actually went.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
jackoh wrote:Winky before you start writing examples off of poor play , please remember we went and saw the uninterested display from a Wigan team we spent well over a thousand pounds to go and watch a team that weren t up to it .

Before you start rubbishing comments respect the people who went and saw what was a poor display .
I never saw the game Jackoh, so cant comment too much.
How much of our poor play was self inflicted, and how much was down to how well Catalans prevented us from playing.
Jackoh, hope you have e-mailed everyone else who disagreed with your version of what happened?? for your information i didn't rubbish anyones comments about what they watched..believe me if i did it would be in a lot stronger terms than what you think i have said, and when you have paid your money and are not satisfied you have every right to be furious.. just as i and everyone else are entitled to our opinions..i was making a comment with cherry pie about the coach and how he cannot always be blamed for poor handling skills etc

jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

Hanley the God! wrote: Humiliated once, Embarassed twice by an average French side.

It's quiet simple, how to sort this out ....

Send Maguire back to Australia now, nice new ideas last year, nothing new this year. :eh:

His heads's not in it any more!

Team must be fed up of relying of Tomkins and Richards, take them out of the team and we are nuffed! Bout time somebody else stood out and played for the shirt.

Never yet seen a great performance all season.

Hoffman - Great start to season, not bothered anymore!

Lima - Liability and no go forward, waste of space. Can't even pull up his socks!

Finch - I'd pay his fare home tomorrow. Crap! What a chuffin waste of time. Adds nothing to the team, waste of a player!

Seems Maguire is committed to playing his home boys, but not helping team. In fact, I'd guess this somewhat pisses off the other home grown players.

:angry:
Good god how short is you memory. 10 years in the wilderness and you want to put us back there. We have the best defensive record in superleague. We have the best attach bar one.We will improve when Hock , Fielden and O'Carol return. I know we are searching for a world class centre to replace Gleeson who left under a very dark cloud having let the side down with a vengence.We have lost fewer games than all the other sides in the league. Stop acting like a big spoilt kid just because a very tough encounter ref'd by idiots did not go our way.
deancartwright1990

Post by deancartwright1990 »

to say the lads played bad is a bit unfair, the lads tried hard but with a narrow greasy pitch was hard to use our strengths but catalan was resiliant, tackled well and took there chances.

wigan was not as clinical penalties was given away some times on the last tackle.

but wigan at times did look tired but with such a strong pack out and our halfbacks looking a bit tired and got boomed a few times we was the 2nd best side
deancartwright1990

and why are fans compalining and saying its embarrasasing when they are a good team and up there in the league , its not like we went to crusaders and got hammered !!

maybe we looked a bit off but struggled up the middle but wigan did not disgrace thereself!
Hanley the God!

Post by Hanley the God! »

Well that certainly woke a few people up and got a reaction, didn't it??

:eusa3:

But remember folks, we're all entitled to an opinion!

Blaming the referee, conditions and a narrow pitch :conf:

Same for both teams, no?? And before anybody reminds me that we're used to playing on a wide DW pitch. Let me remind you that some of our betterperformances this season have been away from home.

Still think playing Finch is akin to playing with 12 men!!

He's certainly no Trent Barrett! Reminds me more of that Smith bloke.
deancartwright1990

i agree but when we want to get the ball out wide like v hull kr with a greasy ball pitch and narrow pitch makes it more difficult, does it not ? not made us play down the middle catalans strength ?

going to catalan isnt a walk in the park.

also to lose a game and then say forget trophies is just ridiculus.

if warrington lose there next game how many fans from all clubs will say warrington are rubbish they got no chance in a cup ? answer NONE.

there was people at the game who said they tried hard and there was some who said rubbish

there was some who said joel aint a center sam aint a full back finch is rubbish deacons rubbish prescott isnt big enough limas rubbish .....