Hardaker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Shaun1967

Re: Hardaker

Post by Shaun1967 »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: Very true CP it is the behavior of English RL heirachy that are making our game look stupid not the players
Ignoring the incompetences of our coach and his superiors, which I think we were are aware of before the tournament started, do you think the players have portrayed the attitude required to win a world cup?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Shaun1967 wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: Very true CP it is the behavior of English RL heirachy that are making our game look stupid not the players
Ignoring the incompetences of our coach and his superiors, which I think we were are aware of before the tournament started, do you think the players have portrayed the attitude required to win a world cup?
In what respect?

Sportsmen are just that, none are brain surgeons, many have 'demons' and that equates to England, Australia & NZ. For all their 'faults/weaknesses' these imperfect gladiators can play RL.

Knowing / accepting all that these imperfect gladiators need managing and on that front they have not been adequately managed.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:
Shaun1967 wrote:
In what respect?

Sportsmen are just that, none are brain surgeons, many have 'demons' and that equates to England, Australia & NZ. For all their 'faults/weaknesses' these imperfect gladiators can play RL.

Knowing / accepting all that these imperfect gladiators need managing and on that front they have not been adequately managed.
Precisely. These guys, whilst now professional sportsmen are involved in a sport which will always be proud of its working class roots. If the worst they ever get up to is going for a few pints, I'm happy.

When our game ever becomes contaminated with constant rape allegations, gang bangs, roasting parties which now appear de rigeur in some sporting circles, I shall reevaluate my opinion!
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:

Precisely. These guys, whilst now professional sportsmen are involved in a sport which will always be proud of its working class roots. If the worst they ever get up to is going for a few pints, I'm happy.

When our game ever becomes contaminated with constant rape allegations, gang bangs, roasting parties which now appear de rigeur in some sporting circles, I shall reevaluate my opinion! [/quote]

Quite Kitt,remember that documentary about the NRL a couple of years ago, and the outcry.For some reason many people think that top sportsmen beyond reproach.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

No hatred of Hock as he is a great player, but like the majority of supporters think that he is a complete and utter fool to himself.

Even Dennis Betts who was his Coach at Widnes last season has supported the decision to drop him from the squad.

As for him leading the others from the bar, I find that comment a bit hard to believe.

And like others, I am entitled to make an opinion even if some don't like it.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I heard part of the heavy handed approach toward GH was due to him taking them home;

im not going to say exactly but im sure if you put a bar and a car together you can summize the jist
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:No hatred of Hock as he is a great player, but like the majority of supporters think that he is a complete and utter fool to himself.

Even Dennis Betts who was his Coach at Widnes last season has supported the decision to drop him from the squad.

As for him leading the others from the bar, I find that comment a bit hard to believe.

And like others, I am entitled to make an opinion even if some don't like it.
:conf:
The people mainly to blame are actually the players who were involved in this disgraceful episode and I for one would not have liked to be put into the position that McNamara and the RFL were put in when you have a press who will latch on to anything to discredit our game, especially when a World Cup Competition is taking place in our country.

As far as I am concerned, if Hock had not been selected in the first place, we would not even be having a debate as it it obvious that he was the ringleader and like sheep, others followed.
So WW do you believe Hock was or was not the ringleader. Your posts seem contradictory.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

If all those who were on the ale with Hock had missed the same training session, i wonder if they'd have all been sent home?? :conf:
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I heard part of the heavy handed approach toward GH was due to him taking them home;

im not going to say exactly but im sure if you put a bar and a car together you can summize the jist
Your nearly right wf. He did take some back.There was a reason for this and he was not drunk.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Lest people forget Gary H is the RFL!! The Fat Controller is just his puppet. Part of the reason for the 6 SL clubs flexing their collective muscle is just that. Money is only part of the issue, wanting representation on the decision making process is a HUGE PART.

The Yorkshire Mafia is a huge problem in RL

Back On Topic

From the choice of training camp so close to the RLWC to the input / impact of English RL management, England RL have been horrendously managed from start to finish with & without Gaz Hock.

I will say this, Gaz Hock will become a firm favourite at Salford. Their fans will love him.