Warrington v Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Warrington v Wigan

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

devon jim 1 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Excellent win with superb defence. Thought Bateman and Burgess were both outstanding. Wire look all at sea with ball in hand. Onwards and upwards!![/

Agreed CP add to them Farrell. Did ok without Mickey Mouse Perhaps he's better in the stands. Sorry True Blue :lol:
Don't be sorry for having your opinion, you are entitled to one Jim. However, if you seriously think we are a better team without MM in the side then I will absolutely disagree with your opinion!! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

devon jim 1 wrote:
upminsterwarrio​r​ wrote:Watching the game last night, and then reflecting this morning, I can't help but think that Micky Macs suspension was a blessing in disguise for this one.

If he had been available, he'd have been in the team and given the amount of niggle and wind-ups out there could, and I said could, have ended up getting himself in trouble, leaving us a man short and losing us the game.

As it was, it was a great team perfomance and lets hope that we can keep up the defensive effort for the rest of the season and continue to improve on the attack!
AGREED ! agreat player but, at the moment, a liability
The Wire players tried to do it in the GF IIRC and I am 100% sure that MM was instrumental in us winning that final while keeping his cool and scoring a great try!! Short memories some people!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

\i remember it wellTBW but this now that was then :)
TrueBlueWarrior

devon jim 1 wrote: \i remember it wellTBW but this now that was then :)
In that case you should remember how he has helped us win 6 trophies in 5 years, or should we wash our hands of him because of a suspension? We would have lost some fantastic players over the years, in fact some true greats if we were to support your standpoint!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Don't be sorry for having your opinion, you are entitled to one Jim. However, if you seriously think we are a better team without MM in the side then I will absolutely disagree with your opinion!! :wink:
We are a better team with 13 players on the park, regardless of who is missing. In fairness, MM wasn't sent off but he does need to be careful. Teams are likely to target him the same way they did Joel!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Excellent win with superb defence. Thought Bateman and Burgess were both outstanding. Wire look all at sea with ball in hand. Onwards and upwards!!
They both look very good prospects and I said last week v HKR Burgess kept a cool head with ball in hand and was aware of what was going on around him. He did the same again this week.

Basically it means he has time on the ball and does't just put his head down and run like the clappers. This is the mark of a very good player in the making.

No idea what to make of Wire based in that game. Their fans on rlfans were saying we would win because they could not score. I took it with a pinch of salt but taking nothing away from our defence they do look clueless as to what to do on attack and an interception was their only route to the try line.
TrueBlueWarrior

Kittwazzer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
We are a better team with 13 players on the park, regardless of who is missing. In fairness, MM wasn't sent off but he does need to be careful. Teams are likely to target him the same way they did Joel!
Hang on a minute, was he sent off in any of the 4 big finals we have won recently? Has he ever been sent off in a big game that has cost us in the CC cup or playoffs? In fact how many times has he been sent off in his Wigan career? Sorry but in my opinion this is a massive overreaction. For the amount of aggression he brings to the side (which we need massively in the big games) and tackles he makes, his discipline is very good.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Hang on a minute, was he sent off in any of the 4 big finals we have won recently? Has he ever been sent off in a big game that has cost us in the CC cup or playoffs? In fact how many times has he been sent off in his Wigan career? Sorry but in my opinion this is a massive overreaction. For the amount of aggression he brings to the side (which we need massively in the big games) and tackles he makes, his discipline is very good.
WELL SAID if its not knocking MM its putting Lockers in a retirement home or writing Mango off after a handful of games when its been shown time and again Aussies take time to settle when they come to SL.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Excellent win with superb defence. Thought Bateman and Burgess were both outstanding. Wire look all at sea with ball in hand. Onwards and upwards!!
They both look very good prospects and I said last week v HKR Burgess kept a cool head with ball in hand and was aware of what was going on around him. He did the same again this week.

Basically it means he has time on the ball and does't just put his head down and run like the clappers. This is the mark of a very good player in the making.

No idea what to make of Wire based in that game. Their fans on rlfans were saying we would win because they could not score. I took it with a pinch of salt but taking nothing away from our defence they do look clueless as to what to do on attack and an interception was their only route to the try line.
And according to Rogues, Ormsby was 2 yards offside when he took that ball!

Hope I'm not tempting fate here but half time last week seems to mark a turning point. We were a totally different team in the second half v HKR and in the last 120 minutes have conceded a mere 4 (dubious) points!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ormsby was offside in the defensive line

Re; Mickey Mac, If I was in the trenches I would feel far better for having him alongside me. He possesses mongrel but his discipline has been fairly good IMO. Bateman has mongrel too. Do we want to stop that in him too?