England v Australia - Spoiler

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: England v Australia - Spoiler

Post by josie andrews »

McBanana's tactics in the second half were terrible! They couldn't keep up with Sam, Sarge, Hall & Smith in that first half

But then again he wants to keep his job with the chooks, the England job is just a hobby :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Does the VR not have a super zoom facility and if not why not. Live and at full speed, I must admit, I thought he missed it, but the picture above proves it was a try.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

southernpie wrote:Does the VR not have a super zoom facility and if not why not. Live and at full speed, I must admit, I thought he missed it, but the picture above proves it was a try.
He could have had the hubble telescope and wouldnt have given that!!

I think we was wearing these!!

http://news.nextglass.co/wp-content/upl ... oggles.jpg

Fixed your link - Josie :)

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

[IMG]http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q66 ... bd442c.jpg[/IMG]

That's a Matty Bowen try v Salford .... Given
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

We wuz robbed!
The only mistake Ryan Hall made, and he had a really good game, was not celebrating that he'd scored.
But if he was the last to touch the ball (hence the 20m tap) then it must be a try.
We wuz robbed!
Stevethegas
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Although it sticks in my throat I can accept being beaten by a better team but I can't when we were robbed. That was a try, how the hell can the ref say it was a rising ball ????????. Lockers was penalized and rightly so for an attempted trip after someone had a word in the refs ear, then why wasn't Greg Bird penalized for deliberately standing on James Graham's ankle. We all knew we wouldn't get the rub if the green and we were proved right yet again. It's about time we grew some backbone and said NO and had neutral refs.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Hodgson at 9 is nowhere near that level of Rugby League and made crucial errors in defence.
Sheene changing Thaiday with Hunt was pivotal as it gave the Aussies momentum. We couldn't cope for the 40 minutes with the change in pace that that simple change introduced to the game. Sheene got it spot on for the second half and our players just tried to stem the tide. What was MacBanana's plan B in the 2nd half, it was more like damage limitation than take it up like we did in the first half.
12:0, to the Aussies in a second half of Rugby League with them minus a supposed 20 odd no showing (unavailable) players is just not good enough.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I agree Hunt made a difference PM but likewise you could argue our maligned coach got it right re Sarge. I think Hunte had an impact but moreso England became very conservative in the 2nd half and that was the players understandably trying to protect their lead. Equally, Aus went from being behind in the possession stakes in the first half to being ahead in the second half which helps the likes of Hunt.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I have had a few hours to cool down now and other than to say the Aussie lable (convict) is quite rightly applicable in this case. Dan Sargison well played young man.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The best laugh are the comments from Sheen and Smith. The Smith one is truly bizarre. No wonder Smith was thanking Sutton so sincerely at the end of the game. Suttons appointment was wrong but to then have his brother as VR :o