SAM BURGESS

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Firestarter

Re: SAM BURGESS

Post by Firestarter »

Better position for him.thats possibly the best position for a league forward to play in Union as I played there myself
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sam is certainly doing very well in the flanker position and getting better and better with each game in union. Not sure he gets enough ball or action as a centre in union.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

A flanker gets a free role in Union and can follow the ball around the park so in hindsight he can get as involved as he wishes
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:
Onthebeach wrote:CP

You seem to be getting yourself in a tangle you have posted above that Sam is fantastic and that you would be glad to have him back at Wigan but in another post you have said you would prefer to keep GW and RH if you had to choose, seems being with stupid is the right place to be.
You are struggling to follow so I will summarise for you;

!. I am more than happy to see Sam return as I think is presents an opportunity to pair George and Rocky together and Sam is an excellent SL player as long as he retains his speed. Capiche?

If signing Sam meant George and Rocky would have to leave. I would prefer to let Sam go to Wire or Leeds and sign another fullback. Capiche?

Sam is an excellent SL player as long as his speed stays. Remember, until he had a growth spurt post 16 this was a kid on pay as you play carrying kicking tees.

Is Sam a team person? No Sam is about Sam and he has done some pretty scummy things since making it big. Capiche?
Capische????

Oh dear. CPW now thinks he's the Fonz! :lol:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote: Is Sam a team person? No Sam is about Sam and he has done some pretty scummy things since making it big. Capiche?
THis sound less and less like a good signing. What things has he done cp? I think we should know if we are signing someone so mercenary that it will be a detriment to the team as a whole so having some examples would be good.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Sam B, Sam T, Sam B, Sam T - getting a bit confusing.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I really could not give a toss what the reasoning for Sam Tomkins return to Wigan and super league.Just glad that he's returning to us and not a rival team.Welcome home Sam. :D
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Mike wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Is Sam a team person? No Sam is about Sam and he has done some pretty scummy things since making it big. Capiche?
THis sound less and less like a good signing. What things has he done cp? I think we should know if we are signing someone so mercenary that it will be a detriment to the team as a whole so having some examples would be good.
Yeah. Agree. What 'scummy' things has he done?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ask Stefan Marsh, ask others about the training ground incident. Don't bother me.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

John Terry has done some pretty scummy things but he is without doubt still the best defender in England.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett