Gelling Injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Gelling Injury

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Lockers back and its much less an issue playing Bateman at centre, but without him they're better off playing where they are.
Budgie as a centre?
markill

Post by markill »

Panchitta Marra wrote: Budgie as a centre?
It was tried preseason and it didn't really work.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

markill wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Budgie as a centre?
It was tried preseason and it didn't really work.
Ah, thanks, his pass inside for Farrell's try was very skilful and just a thought maybe he had it in him to play centre.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

yokozuna wrote:Intentionally or not, what Gelling does is put doubt in the defender's mind. He's so unpredictable that he must be a nightmare to defend against.
Or play with in your team.

Doing something stupid when there are better options available is not being unpredictable, it's just an excuse for being stupid.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

For me players like Gelling are vital to make Waneball work. Likewise Tautai. I am not sure putting back rowers into the centre spots is ideal but alas it will happen.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

He will be missed thats for sure.
Panchitta Marra

DaveO wrote:
yokozuna wrote:Intentionally or not, what Gelling does is put doubt in the defender's mind. He's so unpredictable that he must be a nightmare to defend against.

Doing something stupid when there are better options available is not being unpredictable, it's just an excuse for being stupid.

All players must be stupid Dave, as they all take options that aren't seen in hindsight as being the better option.
Do this once, do this 100 times, your still stupid for not taking the better ootion.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think with Gelling and many such players the key is he might make some mistakes but he might also be heavily involved in 4 try scoring opportunities in a game which outweighs the mistakes.

I never rated Gelling but he has improved and become more dangerous.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote:

All players must be stupid Dave, as they all take options that aren't seen in hindsight as being the better option.
Do this once, do this 100 times, your still stupid for not taking the better ootion.
I agree must be a hell of a lot of stupid RL players.

Are his metres made, number of carries, tries scored, try assists, tackle busts etc. all stupid as well?

Yes he is frustrating without doubt but to call him stupid is way OTT, I think he shows glimpses of genius at times.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote: Or play with in your team.

I agree must be a hell of a lot of stupid RL players.

Are his metres made, number of carries, tries scored, try assists, tackle busts etc. all stupid as well?

Yes he is frustrating without doubt but to call him stupid is way OTT, I think he shows glimpses of genius at times.
Did you know he isn't a natural rugby player as he doesn't have a rugby brain :lol1: