To the Company Bible mob?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Andrew0604

Re: To the Company Bible mob?

Post by Andrew0604 »

I am not jumping on a bandwagon or knee jerk reacting to the last 2 performances. From the very early days of SW tenure as coach I have had concerns about his man management skills. Defeats are always blamed on players rather than shouldering the public blame. Add to this the one dimensional play that any coach in SL worth his salt will have worked out defensive structures to counteract along with no plan B when those defensive structures do close us down. I have no doubts about his loyalty and desire for the club to be successful but loyalty and desire do not match intelligent thinking. As soon as our we reveal a certain play structure other teams will start work at closing it down so we have to start working on the next one. Stand still and everyone catches up and takes over.
We have a couple of young halves that have flair and huge amounts of talent, encourage and nourish it. Lose the predictability.
When we changed to SL we stood still and it took until Madge arrived for us to catch up again. Under SW I believe we have stood still in terms of tactics.
I have always had my doubts about SW and nothing of late is encouraging me to change my opinions.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Do you think the LLS is a "proper" trophy?

Personally I think it's worthless under the current rules.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

menpond wrote:In this very important issue CP is spot on.
No surprise with that comment.

You scratch my back and I scratch yours!
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Wintergreen wrote:Do you think the LLS is a "proper" trophy?

It is only a 'proper' trophy to the team that wins it.
markill

Post by markill »

I think it is. If we all thought it was then it would be for sure. No reason to think it isn't really, it's a peice of silverware handed out to a team that has achieved something good that other teams haven't. It's kind of like saying what's the point of our Lancashire League/Cup wins once there was a full first division schedule, or the floodlit trophy wasn't really a trophy because it wasn't the Challenge Cup.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

sc74 wrote:

It is only a 'proper' trophy to the team that wins it.
I believe the LLS winners should go straight into the GF,the top 8 should contest for the remaining place.

To win the LLS is reward for a consistent seasons rugby,it's a shame WRLFC won't win it unless this horrific loss of form/consistency is sorted.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:My Dad is harder than your Dad cp!! :lol:
You obviously read nothing

Hardness / toughness and anybody who relates to sport :lol: WOMEN are generally tougher than men. My father was a so called legend, his funeral was packed outside because he was a legend :roll: His true hardness / toughness was losing his mother at 11, his true toughness was spending his last years in agony fighting death etc. More often, women deal with such things far better than men ever have, ever will.

I only care about this club because as a teenager it provided dreams, as an adult is provides family memories. If you then bother to learn about its history you understand why Wane is damaging the club he probably loves but is too arrogant and stupid to understand why.

As far as I am concerned, Wane will see me as an opinionated SOB who he would not even sully his hands with. I am an opinionated SOB! Ooh am I being personal :roll:

As I always say there is a reason why this club has built upon its legacy time and time again and it was never just about Wiganers, it was never about accepting second best and it was never about just standing still. It was about making tough calls, ask Clarke and McInnes etc etc.
It was a joke cp, nothing sinister!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
****!
Is this a personal insult?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

What has this forum become?

Full of petty, childish people having slanging matches with each other to massage their own ego's. Such a shame, as it was once a good place to come to have a reasonable debate on the match, players performances and tactics etc.

4 pages of mostly drivel here and nobody even acknowledges Markhill's very reasonable response. Maybe because its to honest and reasonable?

Apologies to the people to try to use this forum in the 'right' way.

The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
****!
Is this a personal insult?
++++ knows.