Paul Deacon linked with move to Sale Sharks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Paul Deacon linked with move to Sale Sharks

Post by Kittwazzer »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Job contentment is more important to some than money but it would appear not all!

Absolutely, plus the desire for silverware. As exemplified by Raheem Sterling signing for Man City. The £150,000pw pay rise is purely coincidental! :lol:
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Job contentment is more important to some than money but it would appear not all!

Absolutely, plus the desire for silverware. As exemplified by Raheem Sterling signing for Man City. The £150,000pw pay rise is purely coincidental! :lol:
And Jonathan Davies, going to Widnes at the height of his international fame. I'm sure it was for the "challenge".............
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Money talks, simple as that, I never judge them for being greedy because somebody chooses to pay them that much. As if a plumber, electrician, teacher, accountant etc. would say no if they were offered twice as much money for exactly the same, no chance!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wigan can be partly blamed for the revival of RU when they played Bath and the Twickenham sevens where they came back from what was an impending defeat.They showed RU how fit and skilfull and opened their eyes and realised all was not right in the RU game RU at the time had just gone full pro and who was the first person to appoint Phil Larder the Great Britain coach since then we have had a steady stream of RL coaches /players Hanley,Edwards,Farrell just to name a few would Edwards have stayed in RL if at the time as the Clubs were obsessed in NRL coaches .
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Good luck to him, makes you wonder why some people get so bitter and twisted about other people being successful in their careers.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wintergreen wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

And Jonathan Davies, going to Widnes at the height of his international fame. I'm sure it was for the "challenge".............
Funnily enough it does from the horses mouth as I spoke to Jonathan Davies only a couple of weeks or so after signing for Widnes as he was working for Hertel on the site where I was working. I asked him why he'd made the move and what his thought's were about League in comparison to union.
I didn't expect him to mention the money and he didn't, he just simply said that he wanted to prove himself with the challenge of Rugby League and was quite shocked when Dougie Laughton told him he had to put on 1.5 stones in weight and become 10m faster. Davies did also say that he was a good self motivator.
I have mentioned these details on this site previously as a result of meeting Davies with his move from Union to Widnes.
robspark

Post by robspark »

sc74 wrote:Good luck to him, makes you wonder why some people get so bitter and twisted about other people being successful in their careers.
100% agreement. Who can blame him for:-

A - increase in salary and better lifestyle for him and his family.
B - if successful putting himself in the shop window of an truly global sport, look what all successful convert coaches have acheived, larder, ford, farrell etc...
C - future security for both him and his family

Some people need to stop bashing union and take a look, it may have similar attendences weekly but its backed by global commerce, no contest of the pitch.

What do we have? And did IL try to keep him? Good luck to Deacon i hope he has the success he deserves
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: Absolutely, plus the desire for silverware. As exemplified by Raheem Sterling signing for Man City. The £150,000pw pay rise is purely coincidental! :lol:
Funnily enough it does from the horses mouth as I spoke to Jonathan Davies only a couple of weeks or so after signing for Widnes as he was working for Hertel on the site where I was working. I asked him why he'd made the move and what his thought's were about League in comparison to union.
I didn't expect him to mention the money and he didn't, he just simply said that he wanted to prove himself with the challenge of Rugby League and was quite shocked when Dougie Laughton told him he had to put on 1.5 stones in weight and become 10m faster. Davies did also say that he was a good self motivator.
I have mentioned these details on this site previously as a result of meeting Davies with his move from Union to Widnes.
Fair enough but he was hardly going to say "I'm up here for the money" was he? :D :D
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

sc74 wrote:Good luck to him, makes you wonder why some people get so bitter and twisted about other people being successful in their careers.
So according to you, it's not about players and coaches moving to Union for money, but to be more successful!

Since when has any Union club, especially Sale ever been more successful than Wigan?

Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
So according to you, it's not about players and coaches moving to Union for money, but to be more successful!

Since when has any Union club, especially Sale ever been more successful than Wigan?

For once take off the cherry & white rose tinted goggles. SCs meaning of Being successful in your career is the size of your pay packet.

That is what we all go to work for, Simples !

Must admit, that's what I thought SC74 was referring to. And from what I've heard, it was a HUGE increase on his Wigan salary ?