Jihadi John reported killing

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Smokie Jim

Re: Jihadi John reported killing

Post by Smokie Jim »

Thanks WW. My concern is more of a military concern than Economic /Demographic. Having Turkey in NATO seems to me to have an "alien "in the wood pile so to speak. Daesh(ISiL)want to establish a Caliphate has I suspect Turkey does. Brit H may have a view on this having some knowledge of the old Turkish empire etc. Having read Lawrence's "Pillars of Wisdom "
Having shot down a Russian bomber in dubious circumstances we could have easily been drawn into a confrontation with Russia. From my position of relative ignorance of these matters it comes across to me that Turkey is something of a loose cannon and I wish they were not a member of NATO. Perhaps I'm being unecessarilly alarmist but even that thought brings little comfort.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

I always thought that Turkey was split evenly between Muslim and Christain? Anyone know what the split is?
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Fujiman wrote:I always thought that Turkey was split evenly between Muslim and Christain? Anyone know what the split is?
According to Free Envcyclopedia Fugi on Wickopedia it's 0.2%of the non Moslem population split between Christians and Jews. Hope this helps
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Fujiman wrote:I always thought that Turkey was split evenly between Muslim and Christain? Anyone know what the split is?
Always thought that south of the Bosphorus strait was Muslim and north of it was non Muslim
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Its not about how many are Christian, Jew or Muslim, its about once they were to get membership, people from the countries around the Asian side of Turkey would only need to get into that country, cross a channel by ferry into the Europe side of Turkey and gain free access across Europe and to our country.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Part of the 5 pillars of Islam, raise 5 children and turn 5 non Muslims into Muslims is part of their ideologies as I was told when overseas. You seldom see small families.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Part of the 5 pillars of Islam, raise 5 children and turn 5 non Muslims into Muslims is part of their ideologies as I was told when overseas. You seldom see small families.
Correct, the birthrate of people of Asian immigrants and Muslims in particular is around a third higher than that of Christians.

But, unfortunally, many of the people connected with Christian worship, especially Methodists see no problem of what will become the main religion in years to come as they have a warped idea that all religions can live in harmony in a so called multicultural society.

Time they took the blinkers off and faced the reality of what the situation will be in the future as more and more non Christians come into the country, raise larger families and live together in their own areas and with no intention whatsoever of intergrating with other religions.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Part of the 5 pillars of Islam, raise 5 children and turn 5 non Muslims into Muslims is part of their ideologies as I was told when overseas. You seldom see small families.
Correct, the birthrate of people of Asian immigrants and Muslims in particular is around a third higher than that of Christians.

But, unfortunally, many of the people connected with Christian worship, especially Methodists see no problem of what will become the main religion in years to come as they have a warped idea that all religions can live in harmony in a so called multicultural society.

Time they took the blinkers off and faced the reality of what the situation will be in the future as more and more non Christians come into the country, raise larger families and live together in their own areas and with no intention whatsoever of intergrating with other religions.
There's only one religion intolerant of all others, it's written in their holy scriptures and it's starting to raise its ugly head now.
I was in The Metro centre, Newcastle last Sunday and a choir was singing beautiful Christmas carols on a stage set up in central mall. I just happened to walk past when the man of a non Christian family who was also walking past just turned his head towards the singers, making the most disgusting grunting noise, then swore and walked on. I was inches off lashing out then came to my senses, as it would have been me arrested for lashing out and not this ar53h0le who was clearly disgusted by a choir singing beautiful festive songs.
This is Britain we are talking about.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It angers me to here towns describe Christmas as a "Winter Festival"

This country is upsetting Christians so as not to upset non Christians :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

There is no real date known for Christ's birth so we pick a day and celebrate it. Makes a lot of people happy and that can only be good