Salford game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Re: Salford game

Post by doc »

IL needs to make a proper statement, not just some flannel about the change being unavoidable due to the unforeseen circumstances of the pitch getting cut up over winter (it always gets trashed over winter by the Latics).

Hopefully he will apologise to the fans in the SS bar before/after the Salford match, but somehow I can't see it happening. Don't think he'll get the same reception he got in the bar before the Brisbane match last year if he gives a little speech with this happening.
barrowwarriors

Post by barrowwarriors »

The club is becoming a joke & what seems worse nobody at the club
seem to care about it or the supporters.
The club are quick enough to phone,text,email you about renewing your season ticket and getting the money off you.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Final point. The club can shove that Number 18 shirt up their arse

Stopped caring about fans years ago and we have become simply cash cows for a very poorly run club with no media outlet. IL doesn't give a f*** and rightly so when he wants to play our "home" games in London

An embarrassing day for the once mighty Wigan Rugby all round and we have not yet been given the bad news for Easter Monday :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Indeed. Echo most of the comments on here. More season tickets sales going down the drain here too. I hope the club actually realises the kind of revolt they are causing. Moving games at a moments notice, playing OUR (the fans') HOME games in London and not to mention de-railing our Challenge Cup run last season by moving our home game. A match i am 100% positive we wouldn't have lost here. Farcical and the comedy of errors is leading the fans to increasingly watch it on the box. Paying good money for a season ticket to watch a certain allocated number of games without discount or refund for moved games. 2 games confirmed that have been moved, probably 3 in the next few weeks and god knows how many more. Not good enough Mr Lenagan and the fans are going to vote with their feet. No wonder we have such a long unbeaten home record, We are never fecking there.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

For me I think this is the straw that broke the camels back. P"ss poor from a club of Wigan's stature. Iwill not renew my 4 tickets next season without a re assurance that I am buying them to watch on the dates on fixture list and all at home. For me Mr Lenegan you can go stuff yourself spineless p"llOck
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:Indeed. Echo most of the comments on here. More season tickets sales going down the drain here too. I hope the club actually realises the kind of revolt they are causing. Moving games at a moments notice, playing OUR (the fans') HOME games in London and not to mention de-railing our Challenge Cup run last season by moving our home game. A match i am 100% positive we wouldn't have lost here. Farcical and the comedy of errors is leading the fans to increasingly watch it on the box. Paying good money for a season ticket to watch a certain allocated number of games without discount or refund for moved games. 2 games confirmed that have been moved, probably 3 in the next few weeks and god knows how many more. Not good enough Mr Lenagan and the fans are going to vote with their feet. No wonder we have such a long unbeaten home record, We are never fecking there.
Spot on.
I was laughed at when I suggested writing this to Mr L to ram it home to him :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I take it you wrote to him?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

WiganWoman1968 wrote:
Cherry_Warrior wrote:Indeed. Echo most of the comments on here. More season tickets sales going down the drain here too. I hope the club actually realises the kind of revolt they are causing. Moving games at a moments notice, playing OUR (the fans') HOME games in London and not to mention de-railing our Challenge Cup run last season by moving our home game. A match i am 100% positive we wouldn't have lost here. Farcical and the comedy of errors is leading the fans to increasingly watch it on the box. Paying good money for a season ticket to watch a certain allocated number of games without discount or refund for moved games. 2 games confirmed that have been moved, probably 3 in the next few weeks and god knows how many more. Not good enough Mr Lenagan and the fans are going to vote with their feet. No wonder we have such a long unbeaten home record, We are never fecking there.
Spot on.
I was laughed at when I suggested writing this to Mr L to ram it home to him :conf:
You was not laughed at by me and many more on here. I strongly believe that people power is the strongest force known. if fans stick together for the same goal they can achieve anything Liverpool fans have proved that on many occasions Hillsborough and most recently 77 minute walk out. After all the fans are the club not the comics running it without fans there would not be a sport and to be treated as we are with total disrespect needs challenging. It has already been said but it is true if saints Leigh Warrington to name a few can build new stadia with some less than half our crowds then why can't we. I would move any where to get away from the nightmare stadium owners. That's bloody desperate.

:(
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

We should seriously consider building a new stadium, part council owned of course on Seaman Way just of Manchester Road with branching roads from Atherton Road and Warrington Road to practically eliminate the kind of ridiculous congestion around the DW. Plenty of space for parking so no need to go searching for parking spots on roads and side streets and beauty spots near by with lodges and lakes for seating areas etc. Lot of land in a very accessible place doing nothing :/
markill

Post by markill »

The London game isn't something I take issue with. We knew about it coming, we got to go for free and I had a good day out. Also, on a personal note I'm not inconvenienced next week or by whatever happens with the Hull KR game. Additionally, I have no hatred or objection to the actual stadium we play at. And I don't think there's been as much compromise to us over all the years we've shared the ground that some people seem to feel there has been.

However, it is a very poor show that we're forced to move a game with a week's notice, compromise player recovery time, mess a large number of fans around, all for a problem that is not of our making. We don't know what's gone on I suppose, we don't know if IL has managed to get anything back in return for doing this. It just looks embarrassing. Just as it's embarrassing to turn up to our pitch on opening day was when we'd not set foot on it for months, then go to Huddersfield to see their immaculate pitch that's even had a friendly on it. The stadium owners are hanging us out there to be laughed at in more ways than one. I really hope there's some trade off in this that is good for Wigan rugby league that we don't know about.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod