Tautai & Charnley charged

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
5miler

Re: Tautai & Charnley charged

Post by 5miler »

I agree that you should NEVER touch the ref however bad you think the decision was. But, if the RFL are completely consistent (which would be a first) and charge every offence in every game-however slight the touch- then there would be blanket bans every week and lots of fines money for the RFL and referees night out at the end of the season. and TOTAL RESPECT for the referees. All pie in the sky and will never happen of course.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Hicks didn't seem the remotest bit bothered by Charnley touching him at the time, no expression of I'll feeling whatsoever, yet after the match its all been passed onto red Hall for review.
I fully understand that players shouldn't touch referees, but if that's the case why wasn't Charnley penalised immediately, carded at the time of the incident. It's not as though Hicks wasn't within eye sight to witness the action happening.
IMO players conduct on a field should be punished immediately so the opposition facing them at that time are the ones who benefit from the penalty being dealt out. Moreso if a player is injured resultant from the action and if the official has clear evidence of the full incident.
I've never rated hicks in any Wigan game, I feel he's disrespectful of Wigan, that's just me.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If touching a referee was still a no no then fine but clearly it isn't, even the game day referree did not seem remotely upset. There have been countless example of players touching referees but nothing happened unless your name was Hock. Sir Kev was guilty of it at least twice in his final season. NOTHING happened.

Irrespective I still have a problem that' touching' a referee is deemed far worse than punching an opponent.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

IRONICALLY PM if you read the countless other reports at that hearing had Hicks sent Charnley off he would have got 1 game less or even 0 matches, sending off sufficient.

Worse who controld the RFL disciplinary? the RFL or the 2 clowns from SKY? You are far far better off now not being covered by SKY.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

fozzieskem wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Apply that logic to the rest of match and you would have.........no match.

How many correct PTB are made?

Let me think..........

If Charnley had threatened the ref in any way I would agree with you. He didn't.

There have been some VERY nasty tackles that received the same punishment. Tackles that could (and have) put players out of the game for months, or end careers (and livelihoods).

Are you seriously telling me that a tap on the arm is comparable?
Dear god yes,you don't touch the ref EVER

No argument,no oh he only tapped him/brushed whatever doesn't wash at all.

Don't touch the ref,what part don't you understand?

So are you honestly telling me that Charnley tapping the ref on the arm is comparable to some of the challenges that have resulted in 2 game bans for the perpetrators in the recent past?

One is a "touch", the other threatens that player's livelihood.

Had Charnley squared up to the ref, or grabbed him by the throat, or shaken him or whatever, then you would have a point. But touching his arm?

As CP said I can think of lot's of times that this has happened in the past with zero fallout.
markill

Post by markill »

Tautai appeal was successful, partially... Ban reduced http://www.rugby-league.com/article/380 ... l-decision
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:Tautai appeal was successful, partially... Ban reduced http://www.rugby-league.com/article/380 ... l-decision
Great news for Taulima ???????????? not so good for Josh ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It gets more stupid by the day. Everybody was up in aems about Teabags tackle yet it gets reduced. Josh that only the SKY muppets seemed concerned about, niot even the referee gets upheld.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:If touching a referee was still a no no then fine but clearly it isn't, even the game day referree did not seem remotely upset. There have been countless example of players touching referees but nothing happened unless your name was Hock. Sir Kev was guilty of it at least twice in his final season. NOTHING happened.

Irrespective I still have a problem that' touching' a referee is deemed far worse than punching an opponent.
I agree that touching the referee should be an automatic ban the problem is, as you rightly say CPW, that there is no consistency in the game. THE RFL should trawl through all the footage from this season and impose bans retrospectively. Had Wigan's game not been on TV does anyone think that Charnley would have been banned?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The Hull and Wakey fans have gone into meltdown :lol: