Flower Charged

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
5miler

Re: Flower Charged

Post by 5miler »

2 matches is fair. Grade C carries 2-3 matches so it's right. It was late although slow motion always makes it look as though you could have stopped and shaken his hand. Seen worse get nothing at all. Time to move on.
markill

Post by markill »

Within the current disciplinary structure I'd say both the grading and the outcome were fair and consistent
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I appreciate I am a lone voice on this, but the facts are that Flower lost us one Grand Final and in a very important game nearly lead to us having a much harder route to another. If we get there it will be despite him. By any measure that makes him a liability.

I love hard men - Skerrett was one of my favourite players - but they would show they were hard by picking on people their own size and had enough sense to show discipline in big games. Flower has shown himself to be a cowardly thug again and the club simply cannot afford the risk he will do so again.
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

Sent off and a 2 match ban and yet he injured no one, Patton jumped straight back up!
Carry on down this route and it will encourage players to not jump straight back up and instead give it the full dying fly.Refs should use common sense and so should rfl and any punishment should fit the crime. Trial by sky Muppet's rather than rfl such is the influence of TV on today's rugby league.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I appreciate I am a lone voice on this, but the facts are that Flower lost us one Grand Final and in a very important game nearly lead to us having a much harder route to another. If we get there it will be despite him. By any measure that makes him a liability.

I love hard men - Skerrett was one of my favourite players - but they would show they were hard by picking on people their own size and had enough sense to show discipline in big games. Flower has shown himself to be a cowardly thug again and the club simply cannot afford the risk he will do so again.
l

I think that is a very harsh criticism on Ben & I, for one disagree with that description wholeheartedly!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I appreciate I am a lone voice on this, but the facts are that Flower lost us one Grand Final and in a very important game nearly lead to us having a much harder route to another. If we get there it will be despite him. By any measure that makes him a liability.

l

I think that is a very harsh criticism on Ben & I, for one disagree with that description wholeheartedly!
Me too Josie. A disgraceful comment. Say it to his face.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Two match ban plus £300 fine.
No problem with that.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

josie andrews wrote:

l

+1
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

For some one who says Skerrett was his favorite don't know a lot about him. Firstly he has been sent off in big games especially against Saints.He would also fight with anyone regardless of size. Saw him punch a lot of men smaller than him but for me there are no small men on a rugby pitch.I have seen all the hard men in rugby league and if Flower had played in skerret /boyd era Fridays attempted shoulder charge would not have even been noticed let alone reported.Sorry you are bang out of order calling him a thug. If he is theres hundreds of them in SL.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Oh dear!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett