Re: On off on off on again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ian.birchall wrote:Was IL in charge of last night's Oscars ceremony as well???????????????????????
Thought that myself until I saw him at Wembley.
Seinfeld79

Post by Seinfeld79 »

I don't think it is in our interest if Latics are relegated - they'll play even more games on the pitch.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Was told at the Leigh match tonight that the pitch was being watered on the Friday to make sure we couldn't play that night.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

5miler wrote:Was told at the Leigh match tonight that the pitch was being watered on the Friday to make sure we couldn't play that night.
It had already been called off then :D
5miler

Post by 5miler »

I know that Fujiman. It just highlights the mentality and futility of some people. To water a saturated pitch just to prove a point is beyond belief????
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

5miler wrote:I know that Fujiman. It just highlights the mentality and futility of some people. To water a saturated pitch just to prove a point is beyond belief????
The water sprinklers are set on a timer, & apparently cannot be altered when I asked about it.

What I do find very annoying is, that last season anyway, the grounds men started to cut the grass immediately the final whistle went & while the players were shaking hands with their opponents then going over to thank the fans & have pictures taken! :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
doc

Post by doc »

They'd allready stripped the padding from the posts and removed the crossbar by the time the players had got round to the South Stand after the match on Friday.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

doc wrote:They'd already stripped the padding from the posts and removed the crossbar by the time the players had got round to the South Stand after the match on Friday.
That's just a lack of respect.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote:
doc wrote:They'd already stripped the padding from the posts and removed the crossbar by the time the players had got round to the South Stand after the match on Friday.
That's just a lack of respect.

I think so too!

It's as if it's an annoyance to have Wigan Warriors playing at the stadium on that pitch.

The pitch would be just as bad if we didn't play on it at all, as it proves, when our last game was in September & the pitch was left immaculate!

Come January, 3-4 months later, the latics beloved pitch is like a quagmire & we, World Champions, are expected to play top grade Rugby League on it.

:lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan