Wigan v Warrington - Challenge Cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao711

Re: Wigan v Warrington - Challenge Cup

Post by jao711 »

Stop complaining I'm delighted.Wire were better than since they played Brisbane.Lotta mistakes both ways ,few rusty players,but good win good cup tie.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

morley pie eater wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:Great first half from Joel so far . . .
Sarcasm?
Not sarcasm, watch the replay.

Good to see Cooper Clarke on the Wire teamsheet
sorry, all i see from him is the mistakes he keeps making every game
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
jobo

Post by jobo »

mickw wrote:
jobo wrote: Thought Smith summed it up quite fairly in his radio interview, both sides kept inviting each other back into the game.

At least we are through and we saw a 40/20 :roll:
and we won on goal kicks.
It just gets better and better.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Firestarter wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:its not the Ref we are making the errors and just given warrington a open door back into the game.
.im seriously under the impression that the team are no longer playing for wane , but that's just my opinion
I thought it was funny thtat Lockers walked away from the interview without saying a word to Wane who had just appeared, could you be right
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

We need to persevere with George kicking. Patton kicked great for Warrington until thankfully the end.
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Wormburner wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:
Wormburner wrote:Sarcasm?
Not sarcasm, watch the replay.

I liked the idea of Joel playing prop.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:its not the Ref we are making the errors and just given warrington a open door back into the game.
im not one for blaming refs...... i agree we made too many errors but both pro fouls were sin bins every day ov the week....... sam was involved in everything and made some very clever moves( off the ball) which made our sttack tic...... bateman was as awesome as ever.......
On a sour note why did we let burgess kick off and why has tommy gone back too that none creative, bad kicking scrum half( that i thought he had gone past).....it must be our tactics coz apart from sams link, our attack would have been pretty poor.....a step in the right direction but theres hell of a lot of worktoo be done as wire were very depleted......im seriously under the impression that the team are no longer playing for wane , but that's just my opinion
That couldn't be further from the truth!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

LTAWigan4Eva wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
morley pie eater wrote: Not sarcasm, watch the replay.

I liked the idea of Joel playing prop.
That's what was originally planned at the start of the season but injuries to other player put paid for that.

He has played at prop, second row, centre, a spell in a game at hooker & even half back!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

There were negatives: too many mistakes, too many penalties (although the ref should have worn a warrington shirt), and at the end we were lucky to win it. But, lots of positives too.

1. We were the better side and should have won comfortably.
2. George Botica and his 100% conversion, including some tough ones from both touch-lines.
3. Bateman. Him and Farrell are machines. Best two second-rowers in the league for me. Keep them fit.
4. Sam. Wasn't perfect, but for his first game back since last autumn, he looked good. Scared the life out of the Warrington defence, and I'm not sure how Ratchford and Hughes both escaped a yellow card.
5. We won.
6. Some lovely "D" at times (although not consistent enough), with Bateman and Farrell doing what they do in defence, and some eye-catching tackles from McIlorum, Marshall and Leuluai.
7. We're going to get better.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
im not one for blaming refs...... i agree we made too many errors but both pro fouls were sin bins every day ov the week....... sam was involved in everything and made some very clever moves( off the ball) which made our sttack tic...... bateman was as awesome as ever.......
On a sour note why did we let burgess kick off and why has tommy gone back too that none creative, bad kicking scrum half( that i thought he had gone past).....it must be our tactics coz apart from sams link, our attack would have been pretty poor.....a step in the right direction but theres hell of a lot of worktoo be done as wire were very depleted......im seriously under the impression that the team are no longer playing for wane , but that's just my opinion
That couldn't be further from the truth!
its just because of the swapping off kickers ,and wane always saying there not doing things right...... for me its the perfect example of a team not pkaying for there coach...... i coild be wrong though josie ( you obviosly no more about there relationship than me)....maybe our players are deaf coz they certainly are not stupid
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE