First Choice 17

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Re: First Choice 17

Post by Wes »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Wes wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I think we could be genuinely looking at the middle 8's
£20 bet to a charity of the winners choice we finish in the top 8?
Im not saying we definitely will be in the middle 8's but i think its more likely that us winning the league put it that way.

Id do the bet at top 4 if youre interested
I’ll meet you in the middle and I’ll take too 6 finish for charity why not?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wes wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Wes wrote: £20 bet to a charity of the winners choice we finish in the top 8?
Im not saying we definitely will be in the middle 8's but i think its more likely that us winning the league put it that way.

Id do the bet at top 4 if youre interested
I’ll meet you in the middle and I’ll take too 6 finish for charity why not?
Go on then - after regular rounds we are outisde the top 6

probably the first bet ive ever placed having no interest in winning! haha :)
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

1. Escare
2. Davies
3. Sarginson
4. Gildart
5. Burgess

6. Sam T
7. Williams

8. Sutton
9. Tommy
10. Flower
11. Bateman
12. Farrell
13. Lockers

14. Powell
15. Tautai
16. Clubb
17. Joel T
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Top 3 finish for me this year, do the double as well :exc:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

medlocke wrote:Top 3 finish for me this year, do the double as well :exc:
Well if meds is predicting that then im a shoe in for the win! :eusa3: :lol1:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

whilst i'm an eternal optimist where Wigan are concerned I'm not too sure where we'll finish but I think we're more than capable of being in the top 4.

lest we forget the horrible injuries players suffered last year or that the likes of Sam T and others had been out for the best part of a year.

I also think several teams will be weaker this year.

Leeds - No Mcguire or Burrow. Myler is poor and if he plays along side moon i fail to see who is the organiser.

Cas - No Hardaker, Roberts looks like he will go to FB and they've signed Jamie Ellis!! Also i fail to see how any team can be as good again as they were last year. It very seldom happens.

Hull - No Ellis or Fonua. Ellis was like Lockers is for us and Fonua although he never actually played it correctly made good yards and got quick PTBs.

Wakefield - i think overachieved last year and I wonder how much influence John Kear had on things.

Warrington - No idea how they'll go but with a new coach and team they'll produce a miracle if they win anything.

Saints - they are the only team i think may be better this year. they've not signed anyone apart from a kid from Bradford but Barba will be fully up to speed.
Wes

Post by Wes »

sheepsteeth wrote:whilst i'm an eternal optimist where Wigan are concerned I'm not too sure where we'll finish but I think we're more than capable of being in the top 4.

lest we forget the horrible injuries players suffered last year or that the likes of Sam T and others had been out for the best part of a year.

Leeds - No Mcguire or Burrow. Myler is poor and if he plays along side moon i fail to see who is the organiser.

Cas - No Hardaker, Roberts looks like he will go to FB and they've signed Jamie Ellis!! Also i fail to see how any team can be as good again as they were last year. It very seldom happens.

Hull - No Ellis or Fonua. Ellis was like Lockers is for us and Fonua although he never actually played it correctly made good yards and got quick PTBs.

Wakefield - i think overachieved last year and I wonder how much influence John Kear had on things.

Warrington - No idea how they'll go but with a new coach and team they'll produce a miracle if they win anything.

Saints - they are the only team i think may be better this year. they've not signed anyone apart from a kid from Bradford but Barba will be fully up to speed.
That’s how I assess it too.

Great post.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I see it like that too.

Lots of question marks over most teams next season.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wes wrote:
sheepsteeth wrote:whilst i'm an eternal optimist where Wigan are concerned I'm not too sure where we'll finish but I think we're more than capable of being in the top 4.

That’s how I assess it too.

Great post.
+1

Although I do think Wire have recruited well and have a fit Currie back. The guy they got from Penrith is suited to Super League I reckon.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Wire will be a coin flip, they could be brilliant or it could take them 6 months to gel before they kick in.