Next Wigan coach?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Next Wigan coach?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Jimmy Birts wrote:
medlocke wrote:
PF Warrior wrote: Has been a great coach, but I think he is a bit too old to be taking on a new roll for us.
Was thinking that earlier, 68 too old to moving to the cold wet North of England after Brisbane
Everybody I speak to who's been to Australia says it's crap. Dear ale, everybody's in bed for 9 o'clock, run down, full of unfriendly folk and killer insects.

He'll love it here. I've only ever known Trent Barrett's wife not like it
And FPN's wife.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

morley pie eater wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: Again though what can Wigan offer someone like Bennett?
A challenge to prove himself away from the NRL, Free car, Rent free home, years supply of Pooles pies?
Yes, but apart from a challenge to prove himself away from the NRL, Free car, Rent free home, years supply of Pooles pies, aqueducts, sanitation, roads . . . what can Wigan offer someone like Bennett?
Im not sure that Wayne Bennett feels like he needs to "prove" anything, he's been there and done it for all the comps that matter, Superleague is hardly the pinnacle of the sport is it - its like Jurgen Klopp taken a job in China to "prove" himself in the china league
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Jimmy Birts wrote:
medlocke wrote:Was thinking that earlier, 68 too old to moving to the cold wet North of England after Brisbane
Everybody I speak to who's been to Australia says it's crap. Dear ale, everybody's in bed for 9 o'clock, run down, full of unfriendly folk and killer insects.

He'll love it here. I've only ever known Trent Barrett's wife not like it
And FPN's wife.
Took the words out of my mouth!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

jasonnlouise wrote:What about trying to get Bellamy in for a season he's been linked with brisbane but may have to take a year out ,this could give the likes of Oloughlin a chance to learn off a great coach as it would if Bennett came or even give the extra year Edwards may want to coach in the World Cup and then come home
Bellamy sounds good to me, even though the Cowboys V Storm game today was crap. :lol:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

PF Warrior wrote:
Bellamy sounds good to me, even though the Cowboys V Storm game today was crap. :lol:
haven't seen it yet, but the Storm games have been a bit of an uncharacteristic shambles the last couple of weeks, as I recall.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

moto748 wrote:
PF Warrior wrote:
haven't seen it yet, but the Storm games have been a bit of an uncharacteristic shambles the last couple of weeks, as I recall.
Not been same team since start of NRL season. I think it's the Cronk effect. I know they beat Leeds, but I think any Nrl side could have beaten them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

They were fantastic in weeks 7 and 8, and they have two genuine superstars on the wing. Of course without Cronk they are more reliant now on Slater 'doing a Sam Tomkins', but that's hardly the worst option in the world.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

PF Warrior wrote:
I've watched it now, and it was indeed pretty poor from both sides. If you'd never seen the NRL, you'd never have believed those were the two Grand Finalists, on that showing.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Going to throw my hat in ring next wigan coach Adrian lam
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:Going to throw my hat in ring next wigan coach Adrian lam
When was the last time he coached?