Pinched from Bilko re Liam Marshall

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Pinched from Bilko re Liam Marshall

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Might as well sign Usain Bolt and claim we have the world's fastest winger :wink:

For what it is worth Henley-Smith was NOT quick on a rugby field irrespective of what stats say
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

jinkin jimmy wrote:Rubbish. Preston was lightning fast. The fact that you can't name a single player who was as quick apart from Offiah would appear to bear that out. Anyway, last word to you, I'm through.
Preston was quick but also "fragile" - like Rob Smyth, he just couldn't take the knocks. It is also worth noting that Preston must have been about 5ft 7 while Offiah was about 6ft 1.

Offiah's leg stride was far bigger and as such meant he was always quicker over distance
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wintergreen wrote:
pedro wrote:
Wintergreen wrote: No they were not. As I have posted, Henley-Smith ran 10.4 for 100m. Offiah was nowhere near that. End of discussion.

Better add the
:D !!!
with boots and a ball? Offiah did 10.8 over 100 not too far away from him considering offiah was a rugby player and the other was a sprinter
Nearly half a second is a lot.

Offiah was NOT the fastest player to play for Wigan. That is a fact.
0.4 seconds was on a running track, like I said boots and a ball? where is the fact?
maximus

Post by maximus »

My memory is not as good these days so how fast was Trevor Lake ?
pedro

Post by pedro »

Jamel Chisholm did 100m in 10.28 in the challenge the other year darren albert did 10.7, dallas was as fast as albert according to albert so maybe he was quick eh...
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I remember offiah getting dusted off a parramatta player called ormonroyd( or something like that)....... it was on a Great Britain tour of australia...... pre game i think
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

jinkin jimmy wrote:
pedro wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I always thought mark preston was faster than offiah....... he scored some great tries for us but we got rid coz he couldnt tackle........ then we signed offiah lol
wasnt in offiahs class for speed
You're exaggerating. There was very little in it speed wise for me. Also (for Firestarter) my understanding was that he had a decent job and wouldn't turn full time?
. Does outright speed really matter? Just look how many tries Offiah scored,some of them nobody else would have scored including one for Widnes in the last game of the season which won them the League Championship. He was the fastest I have ever seen including Billy but do you see what I mean about outright speed .
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

pedro wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:
pedro wrote: with boots and a ball? Offiah did 10.8 over 100 not too far away from him considering offiah was a rugby player and the other was a sprinter
Nearly half a second is a lot.

Offiah was NOT the fastest player to play for Wigan. That is a fact.
0.4 seconds was on a running track, like I said boots and a ball? where is the fact?
. Well said. Remember Dessie Drummond on that TV show and he ran with one hand like it was holding a ball.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

morley pie eater wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Liam Marshall made it 40 tries in 40 Wigan Appperances in last nights win over Leeds.

In comparison after first 40 Wigan games....

Billy Boston 45
Martin Offiah 44
Johnny Ring 41
Trevor Lake 40
Josh Charnley 37
Dom Manfredi 36
Joe Burgess 34
Brian Nordgren 33
Jason Robinson 13
Wot, no Ronnie Braithwaite? Or even Dave Marshall?

Green Vigo was faster than all the above
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Firestarter wrote:I remember offiah getting dusted off a parramatta player called ormonroyd( or something like that)....... it was on a Great Britain tour of australia...... pre game i think
. I remember this but can’t remember the name(It began with O I’m sure).Somebody put up a cash prize for the winner ,and yes the Aussie won.A few days later GB played a club side(ParramattaIthink) and Offiah blew him away.Different on a rugby field.