New kit for next season ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Champions

Re: New kit for next seaso...

Post by Champions »

First Try Tickle posted:
do they not realise that tight shirts and pie eaters don't go together.
Just been to JJB for my new everton shirt and had the same trouble with no shirt big enough for me.
They obviously don't realise. I think they are trying to make them tighter, but should they not make bigger sizes for the fans??? After all, most men don't have the build of a proffesional rugby player!
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:
GeoffN posted:
Doug Stand posted: Are you setting me up here Rob??? if I answer that the jersey is more like fire engine red than Cherry am I going to need one to put out all the flames? :)
:D :D :D

Where's MrsLam? I need help with this one!
Last Oct / Nov , when this season's shirt first came out, we had this "discussion"...
http://130.88.246.72/cgi-bin/wigan?stat ... bject84908

(you need to read the whole thread to get the full "flavour")
haha :D I've still got those pics on my computer just incase we ever need to have that argument again, saved in it's own "Debates with Rob" file :P I still say it's more glazed cherry than fire engine red though. :wink:

By the way, I see I got the last say in that argument, does that mean I win or did i just block the thread?!
you were clearly the winner...Rob gave up!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
MrsLam posted:
GeoffN posted: :D :D :D

Where's MrsLam? I need help with this one!
Last Oct / Nov , when this season's shirt first came out, we had this "discussion"...
http://130.88.246.72/cgi-bin/wigan?stat ... bject84908

(you need to read the whole thread to get the full "flavour")
haha :D I've still got those pics on my computer just incase we ever need to have that argument again, saved in it's own "Debates with Rob" file :P I still say it's more glazed cherry than fire engine red though. :wink:

By the way, I see I got the last say in that argument, does that mean I win or did i just block the thread?!
you were clearly the winner...Rob gave up!
I had not given up, I merely accepted MrsLams colour blindness and inability to differentiate between Fire Engine and darker shades of red. I realised it wasn't a laughing matter and how fortunate I am to be able to see so many wonderful colours and shades with these eyes God has blessed me with!

I live near a fire-station and not a day goes by when I don't wander up with my Wigan shirt and peer through the window thinking how remarkably similar the colours are!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Would this be even though it is a genetical fact that females can't suffer from colour blindness :D

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Sutty posted:
Would this be even though it is a genetical fact that females can't suffer from colour blindness :D
This is MrsLam we are talking about, an exception to the rule, 'unique' is perhaps the word some would use :wink:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

robjoenz posted:
Sutty posted:
This is MrsLam we are talking about, an exception to the rule, 'unique' is perhaps the word some would use :wink:
You are actually incorrect though... women suffer from colour blindness, it's just more common in men.
burtonchris

Re: New kit for next season ??

Post by burtonchris »

im not bothered if the new kit looks horrible i think people would prefere the old kit what we have got now frm Chris
C burton
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

burtonchris posted:
im not bothered if the new kit looks horrible i think people would prefere the old kit what we have got now frm Chris
I didn't get the new kit from Chris, I got it from JJB :wink:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Just to add my 2 Euros' to the discussion, I've not seen any of our shirts the same colour as the slightly aging cherries sat here on my desk at work! And the sizes are really confusing me, I've not really lost any weight for a few years now but I'm going DOWN in shirt size! I had to get medium shirts when I started buying them back in the late 90's, and I'm now a small. Mediums go halfway down my legs, which looks ridiculous, but not half as bad as my acquired Perpignan playing shirt which is an XL - you can fit 2 of me inside! But it sounds like the big shirts are getting smaller whilst the small shirts get bigger!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
Just to add my 2 Euros' to the discussion, I've not seen any of our shirts the same colour as the slightly aging cherries sat here on my desk at work! And the sizes are really confusing me, I've not really lost any weight for a few years now but I'm going DOWN in shirt size! I had to get medium shirts when I started buying them back in the late 90's, and I'm now a small. Mediums go halfway down my legs, which looks ridiculous, but not half as bad as my acquired Perpignan playing shirt which is an XL - you can fit 2 of me inside! But it sounds like the big shirts are getting smaller whilst the small shirts get bigger!
I think you're shrinking (have you been washed lately?). Last season I had a Small away shirt. This season I had to buy Medium which is slightly tighter, Small had no chance. If anything I've lost weight.