Today's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Today's game

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:27 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:55 am
Mike wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:34 pm Its not improtant to have them available now. Its important at playoff time. Don't risk them until they are fully fit.
Hastings is fully fit.
He’s missed a load pre season.

Whilst he has been training in Aus, it won’t be the same and he hasn’t been in and around the team getting used to the ball plays and skills again.

If it was as easy as just being fit, why bother with pre season? Why bother with training at all?

Hastings having extended leave is perfectly acceptable given the conditions, what I do find strange though is he was going to be back before the training ground got closed, it got closed, but then only returned 3-4 weeks after it re opened. Why?

Why wasn’t he landing in the UK mid Feb and ready to go when it re opened?
I don’t care a toss if he has missed pre-season he is the best half back at the club. The lad is a fitness fanatic and I see no reason why he shouldn’t be selected for the opener.

Jacko has two weeks to work with the squad, that is plenty of time. According to you pre-season allows the players to get used to the ball plays and skills again, please show me evidence of that in the Salford game, I must have missed it!

As for the reason for Jacko’s late return, that is a matter for him and the Club. If you are so keen to find out email Rads stop asking people on this forum.
Charriots Offiah

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:48 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 am
Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 am Interesting comment on fb by Jacko's mum as to why him and French are/left it late to return from Oz.
Some supposedly Wigan fans/supporters need to wind their necks in and stop being knobheads.
whats in the article WW im intrigued
just want to put it out there both players have unwell family members hence the reason Bevan is not back yet as it’s his Mother💙 The club has known the situation of both player’s & unfortunately Jacko had trouble leaving Australia it’s been well documented. I know that Jacko will want to play round 1 but this is up to the coach 🤞 But what I hate is that some fans think they know it all and to call Jacko a Prick is just totally unacceptable & as I said do your research as you honestly know nothing...Honestly don’t care what anyone thinks of him but just remember these players are human and have families... Both players give 💯 every week for Wigan... please just be respectful & I hope Bevan does not cop the same bullshit...cheers to 2021 🍒

Also mentioned in Hastings podcast.

https://anchor.fm/behindtheathlete/epis ... ess-escteu
Well said Brian.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Hope all this is put to sleep now. The shit and lies put on here it's a wonder the lad wants to play for us at all. But as I have said from day 1 he's a man of his word and does what he says he will. As now and always will have my admiration and suppprt know matter what he chooses to do after his contract is up.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:23 pm Hope all this is put to sleep now. The shit and lies put on here it's a wonder the lad wants to play for us at all. But as I have said from day 1 he's a man of his word and does what he says he will. As now and always will have my admiration and suppprt know matter what he chooses to do after his contract is up.
This.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

It’s only a game at the end of the day, family is way more important. If french and Hastings have taken more time off to see unwell family members then that’s completely understandable. Like anyone else on here wouldn’t take time off work to do the same.
bertina

Post by bertina »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:48 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 am
Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 am Interesting comment on fb by Jacko's mum as to why him and French are/left it late to return from Oz.
Some supposedly Wigan fans/supporters need to wind their necks in and stop being knobheads.
whats in the article WW im intrigued
just want to put it out there both players have unwell family members hence the reason Bevan is not back yet as it’s his Mother💙 The club has known the situation of both player’s & unfortunately Jacko had trouble leaving Australia it’s been well documented. I know that Jacko will want to play round 1 but this is up to the coach 🤞 But what I hate is that some fans think they know it all and to call Jacko a Prick is just totally unacceptable & as I said do your research as you honestly know nothing...Honestly don’t care what anyone thinks of him but just remember these players are human and have families... Both players give 💯 every week for Wigan... please just be respectful & I hope Bevan does not cop the same bullshit...cheers to 2021 🍒

Also mentioned in Hastings podcast.

https://anchor.fm/behindtheathlete/epis ... ess-escteu
Well said !!!! It beggars belief some of the claptrap some so called fans post on this site about the players. Most of it with zero knowledge, or evidence of what is actually going on. I dread to think what the players think about us as supporters if they read any of this crap.
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:34 pm Its not improtant to have them available now. Its important at playoff time. Don't risk them until they are fully fit.
Hastings is fully fit.

Whilst he has been training in Aus, it won’t be the same and he hasn’t been in and around the team getting used to the ball plays and skills again.

If it was as easy as just being fit, why bother with pre season? Why bother with training at all?

Hastings having extended leave is perfectly acceptable given the conditions, what I do find strange though is he was going to be back before the training ground got closed, it got closed, but then only returned 3-4 weeks after it re opened. Why?

So I take it that you will not be happy if he is selected against Leigh?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:48 am

Hastings is fully fit.

So I take it that you will not be happy if he is selected against Leigh?
I think Lam should only pick him if he thinks he’s ready.

He hasn’t played rugby for months and been in team training for months. Just because he’s “a fit lad” and a good half does not mean he will be ready to play against Leigh with less than two weeks of actual pre season training.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Who would you put in if Hastings does not play,as we seen on Sunday the others are not up to it.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:52 am Who would you put in if Hastings does not play,as we seen on Sunday the others are not up to it.
Harry Smith, or are you writing him off on one display? I think Hastings will play btw.